Plasti-Dipped my coil

hddeuce03

So, when water hunting here in the Chesapeake Bay of Maryland, after about 6 inches or so, it's nearly impossible to see my coil under the water. Not a huge deal as I've learned to do it by "feel". However, I decided to Plasti-Dip my coil in Blaze green. I think it will help with visibility some. Either way, it ended up pretty nice and I can't imagine it not helping visibility.

Attachments

• Blaze Green Plasti Dip Coil 2.jpg
    Blaze Green Plasti Dip Coil 2.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 554
Didn't know they made colors like that, I've been wanting to spray a coil cover bottom for my excal with it because I wear them out so quick. Hope it works out for you.
Did you spray it or use the dip?

Looks great! I've used yellow and even white spray paint on my coils in the past and it does help.

Do you think it will be tough enough to replace a coil protector for abrasion?

Cliff

Plasti-dip will offer little to no protection from sand abrasion on the bottom of the coil. I used Rustoleum bedliner spray in place of the coil guards in the past. It worked well, but even that needed to be touched up multiple times per season.

Plasti-dip will offer little to no protection from sand abrasion on the bottom of the coil. I used Rustoleum bedliner spray in place of the coil guards in the past. It worked well, but even that needed to be touched up multiple times per season.
That's what I was thinking. I don't hunt enough in rough terrain to need more than a coil cover but the color is interesting. It would be nice if it was as tough as Linex.

Cliff

So, when water hunting here in the Chesapeake Bay of Maryland, after about 6 inches or so, it's nearly impossible to see my coil under the water. Not a huge deal as I've learned to do it by "feel". However, I decided to Plasti-Dip my coil in Blaze green. I think it will help with visibility some. Either way, it ended up pretty nice and I can't imagine it not helping visibility.

I don’t know much about plastidip, but I like the way you preserve the original decals for the equinox.

R5

put a coating of Marine epoxy on the bottom of the coil and then after that dries good then put your dip on this way if it does wear off it won't hurt the bottom of your coil I've been using that marine epoxy for years and it works great.

I have done the yellow Plasti-Dip and it does help with visibility.

I paint mine metallic chrome. High visibility and perfect for scaring off stingrays. Though on occasion it draws unwanted predators...

I paint mine metallic chrome. High visibility and perfect for scaring off stingrays. Though on occasion it draws unwanted predators...
I could just see Mr. Barracuda going for the coil and taking a chunk out of my leg. :laughing:

I was just watching a how to video the other day on that. Here is the link to the video. I follow Diggin deep beeps videos every week very interesting, and they have a lot of fun.

https://youtu.be/fgfVPdVW-pI

Yeah, this was the guy that gave me the inspiration to do it. The only thing I did differently is that I did a single base coat of white first, then only needed 2 coats of the Blaze green.

Never used plastidip on a coil but mu pin pointer gets a coat on the front portion. Gives the pointer a layer of protection. If it wears thru after considerable use I just strip off the old stuff and redip/

put a coating of Marine epoxy on the bottom of the coil and then after that dries good then put your dip on this way if it does wear off it won't hurt the bottom of your coil I've been using that marine epoxy for years and it works great.

I SECOND Marine Epoxy on the bottom of the coil. Have not used a coil cover in 25 years.

Looks Good and I like that color!

Winter the water is nice and clear but once the boats and the spring rain starts, the vis is bad for sure. I don't think I've seen you out hunting but for sure I will know that coil..Good Luck!!

Looks Good and I like that color!

Winter the water is nice and clear but once the boats and the spring rain starts, the vis is bad for sure. I don't think I've seen you out hunting but for sure I will know that coil..Good Luck!!

Thanks! My offer is still good...you can come with me on my boat to a location of your choice :) I have yet to find any jewelry...but admittedly, have only been to my 2 local beaches so far. I do want to wait until fall/winter when no one is around.

Thanks! My offer is still good...you can come with me on my boat to a location of your choice :) I have yet to find any jewelry...but admittedly, have only been to my 2 local beaches so far. I do want to wait until fall/winter when no one is around.

Thank You! Winter is the best time for sure but you do have to watch out. A few years ago we had a super low tide. I took the boat out........... all was good staying in the middle of the river. Coming in I hit a sand bar, then I had to push the boat in while walking behind it..to the ramp...that was on the South river....... Think I bent my prop that time. Your on the Magothy If I remember correct?

Back
Top Bottom