( I saw someone posted thread on Gold so it didn't bring up ) :D

Been looking at metal prices past couple weeks and today silver exceeded

$29.00 oz. :shock: Anyone thinking of selling ? ? ? :?:

I sold $100 face value junk today.

Been looking at metal prices past couple weeks and today silver exceeded

$29.00 oz. :shock: Anyone thinking of selling ? ? ? :?:

My sell price top is between $60-$80, and just the crappy stuff.

Charts are much higher... but $30 is a hump to get over to say the least. Pullbacks will probably be bought up quickly.

So I have a lot of 40% half dollars, do they qualify as crappy? Last time I sold at $35.00. Webekin

The $100 face value I sold WAS crappy. Lots of slick ones. I had to sell them by the total gram weight. Still made a nice profit and I wasn't attached to them at all.

I don't think the Hunt Bros. went that high ?????? :laughing:
You’d be surprised! In 1979 the Hunts drove silver to $49.45 before Uncle Sam stepped in.

When adjusted for inflation, today silver would have to reach a high of $175 to match the Hunt’s price, so we have a ways to go. :cool3:

Silver prices are definitely rigged. My advice is to sell 1/4 of your junk silver now and see what happens in the coming weeks. It may continue to go up, but it may crash back down to $19 in a blink of an eye. Just my take on the situation...

Silver prices are definitely rigged. My advice is to sell 1/4 of your junk silver now and see what happens in the coming weeks. It may continue to go up, but it may crash back down to $19 in a blink of an eye. Just my take on the situation...
Yep but obviously the riggers are losing control.

Gold and silver prices are crashing today. Sell some now or forever hold your peace! Prices are manipulated, just like the stock market.

Gold and silver prices are crashing today.....

SKYROCKETING down! :cool3:

No ! No ! Say it isn't so ! You can go back through this thread (or avail yourself of other forecasters anywhere), and find TONS of guarantees that it's gonna go up-up-up. And I'll bet you dollars to donuts that all those forecasters will swear that today's $3-ish to $4-ish drop is nothing but a temporary burp on the way to $50 (or $300 or whatever) per ounce. Haha

I'm old enough to remember, when I was in high school in 1980, when silver was something like $35-ish per ounce, that I sold a bunch of my silver . I sold to a fellow md'ing buddy. And as soon as the deal was closed, and as soon as he had my 50-or-so silver coins, he chided me that I'd made a big mistake. And that silver was only going to go up up up. I felt like a big fool :no:

He amassed a big pile of silver, buying from anywhere he could, during those years. Then by the mid 1980s, this same guy fell on financial hard times. He sold all his pile of silver coins for something like 3x face . I no longer felt like a big fool.

So it's easy for me , at 59 yrs. old now, to remember that past rise and fall. Oh sure, the present forecasters will try to tell you that "this time is different". But so-too were the forecasters saying the same thing then.

Back
Top Bottom