IN resident...would like MD partner

Scrltt641

I'm in Fort Wayne, IN. I belong to the Miami Valley Coin and Relic Hunters club here. Unfortunately, I'm the only female. Some of these fellow have been hunting for 30 years and more, and they either hunt alone, or have a buddy in the club they go with. They're very nice to me, but I can't seem to get anyone to go with me...maybe because they work different hours and days.

If anyone here is from the northern or northeastern part of IN or NW Ohio, I'd be happy to have someone to go with.

Scrltt641

keep looking scrltt. i'm about 80 miles south of you so no help here unless you wanna take a really long ride.

if you ever get down this way let me know. i never have anyone to go along either.

Parter to MD with

So, Phantom, where in IN are you in the East central part?

Scrltt641

scrltt,
i'm straight south of you on us 27 between winchester and lynn. plenty of good places to hunt, but the other guy in the area who hunts never has time, or the weather is too bad, or.... at any rate, i have never hunted with anyone else and think it would be a blast. i have a new MXT i havn't learned to use yet. what do you use?

MD partner to detect with in IN

Phantom, I use a White's Prizm III, and a Bullseye Pinpointer II. I never have anyone to hunt with; I guess because I'm the newest member of my club, and the only woman. It's kind of a "good old boys" affair there. They're nice enough to me, and try to give me tips, etc. But NO ONE wants to hunt with me. They all seem to be paired up with another partner. :-(

That's a bummer, Scrltt641. I'm in the same boat up here. I hunt with a buddy a few times a year, but mostly myself. There is a club in RI, but I can't make the Sunday meetings. I'll bet those old timers are just afraid you'll show them all up with that Prizm III! Good luck in finding a partner to hunt with.

MD partner in IN

LOL! Thanks, Treasurekidd. I really don't think so, after the things I've seen them bring in. But you did make me laugh.
Scrltt641

Hello Scrlt.

My handle is thdiver. I have been going into Michigan and hunting the beaches the last couple of weekends. St. Joseph and Benton Harbor area. I water hunt and land hunt also. I prefer water. If you would want to meet up and hunt a beach sometime reply. I live in Frankfort, In. I have been hunting for 25 years. I took my 14 year old son last weekend to a local beach in Noblesville, IN and he got more off the beach that I did in the water. He had never hunted before but in my defense I am using a new Tesoro Tiger Shark. I was letting him use my Fishers 1280 X aquanaut (dinosaur) HA HA....... If you are not interested I understand. I hunt mostly alone in the water. I am also a certified rescue diver PADI. Good luck and keep hunting.

thdiver

Hi thdiver,

I was also in Noblesville the prior weekend. I stayed at the Sycamore Knoll B&B there.

I'd be interested in going with you or with you and your son, or you and your wife, if she also detects. I only am capable of land hunting or beach hunting, though, as I have no water equipment. I think it would be fun to water hunt, but unless I were going to do it often, I can't justify purchasing a water machine, wetsuit, and other equipment needed for it. I do, however, go out almost every day land hunting. I love to beach hunt. Just not too many beaches in this area. Where is the beach you and your boy went to in Noblesville? I wasn't aware there was one there.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like, or on this forum.

Scrltt641 (aka Trudy)

Back
Top Bottom