K-Town.......Barbarosa Stadt

R

rayredditch

Hi, anyone in K-town on a long tour. If you want to do some detecting over here off base, you´ll need to get a permit !! These are available from the local "Denkmalbehörde", nearest being in Speyer. This however is well worth it, as the time span hier goes from Stone age, through Bronze age, Celtic, Roman, Medieval, 30 year War, Napoleon, 1st World War (Not much), 2nd World War, up to modern. If you get caught withought a permit, you´ll loose your detector and get fined, possibly even prosecuted. Anyone interested can contact me, as I am appyling for a permit here too. My main interest being 30 year war (In the 1600´s) up till Napoleon. Most of the Castles (There´s lots of them here) were destroyed during sieges in the 30 year war, as were many of the villages. Although you are not allowed onto Castles or other registered archeological area´s, there are lots of sites to search where the armies camped, marched, fought, or destroyed villages !!
By the way, I´m British, and speak English (Queens vocabulary, not Queens NY, :P), Dutch and German, and can get by in most other languages.
Good Hunting, Ray Blaker

Back
Top Bottom