Anyone in MA (West of Boston) new here also?

jpchleapas

I just picked up an older White's 6000DI series 3 coinshooter from the original owner for just under $100. It is 22 years old but it still works just fine. It came with the original manual, and the standard 7.5" coil. I did some research before I bought a md. Personally I decided that I would rather much buy a quality older machine like this than some of the new questionable cheap md's being sold today. I am a X-ray and MRI technologist by profession. I have not been working for 18 months now as a result of my "new" non-paying job. My new profession is being my Dad's primary care giver. I needed a new hobby to get out of the house even if only for a few hours each day to keep a little of my sanity. I just want to get outdoors for two to three hours a day more for the distraction from my routine than anything else. Taking care of a Senior citizen 24/7/365 is much harder than working in a hospital. Is there anyone in the Boston to Framingham/Marlboro area to as far West as the Worcester/Auburn area looking for a part time hunting buddy to get me learning faster? I plan to try a few schools to start after they close. I am also looking for some more good basic search tips. We have an acre of land. My Dad lost his gold watch about 35 years ago in the big backyard. This will be my first hunt to try to find his long lost 18k gold wrist watch. Unless it was lost under the tons of old 4' high grass pile mounds which is probably right where he lost it.. Anyway thanks people for taking the time to read this. John 

Hi John and wellcome to the site. Sounds like you have your hands full with dad. I think there are a couple of clubs in the Framingham area you might want to check in with them. Cladius.

Hi John!
I'm a newbie too; the mail lady will be bringing my Ace 250 sometime soon :D
I'm afraid I'm a little too far west of Boston - near Amherst. But surely someone
closer will chime in!

It's good of you to look after your Pop; getting outside under the sky is a wonderful
way to keep from getting burned out. & your dad may well take an interest in what
you find. Is he from the area? maybe he can suggest places to go hunt.

best of luck :)
-Kim

Back
Top Bottom