Big suprise! Nox, F75 SE, MXT & Explorer XS

I like the fact that the Whites machines (at least the MXT Pro and M6 that I'm sure of) are humble enough to have the "Confidence Bar". :D "It could be a dime boss, but it's deep as balls and I'm not gonna B.S. ya here...":laughing:

Impressive work on the ATG and NEL combo on the ID!

I enjoy comparison post.

I may not like your findings I do like knowing what is working. I would say your F75's need to be serviced lol.

The AT Pro will hit a dime at 10" as I have done this same test with my F75, and a friends Etrac. Now I have a Etrac I will try to reproduce your findings on a actual hunt. My son is my detector caddy and cameraman. School will be out in about two weeks.

Definitely time to set up a air test with different coils and such. Darn you blood, that's a lot of work for me lol.

I considered a Nox but dont like to wait. I also put the cash in other places I need it. The Etrac just blows my socks off. F75 is no slouch and I still hunt better with iot as I have more time on it.

As you Nox owners get more time on your detectors Im pretty sure we may see more post like this. I have watched Calabash's videos and he seems to think the same as you.

Nox is finding stuff.

I'd like some of that cool aid. But I really am happy with what I have. Till Fisher comes out with a detector that obsoletes my F75, Im good on detectors. Just picked up a Whites T800. Could use a FalconMD20, but too many irons in the fire.

I smart man told me to go deeper. Nox may have speed and disc, but I have very little competition and a lot of ground. Look forward to post some finds soon. I hope to use my buddys nox soon. He drank the cool aid.

There's certainly times where depth is still king. When we go out onto one of our depleted sites, my Signum defo finds more deep targets than the rest, Deus, Etracs, Rutus, 705, AT-Pro etc all take a back seat, but the tide turns when we hit the heavier iron, the Signum just doesn't see through/around iron, so i don't even try to find co-located targets, i fit a sniper coil and whack up the power, and try to find little gaps and windows between the iron where i can use the depth, the sniper coil will still air test a dime about 13"-14" so it's no slouch.

Personally i'd take deep turf hunting to battling through iron any day!

Too many variables in play.. one having testing many different machines swing speed can make all the difference. Some like a slower swing , like most minelabs need. Settings for each machine are critical as well. I have seen Calabash's videos and i have very similar results and i can hit a 9 in dime with ease with NOX, Deus, Impact. So can my v3i for that matter. GB is critical for these tests also , because a slightly off or incorrectly GB machines will suck. Also coils play into it, i have a max right now and i know why the guy sold it to me so cheap now with 4 coils... the smaller garrett coil is no good i cannot even get a nickel at 4 inches and it is impossible to GB properly with it on the machine. Stock coils vs aftermarket,, size too matters.

I agree most machines are pretty darn good , especially in a fairly clean environment.

Too many variables in play.. one having testing many different machines swing speed can make all the difference. Some like a slower swing , like most minelabs need. Settings for each machine are critical as well. I have seen Calabash's videos and i have very similar results and i can hit a 9 in dime with ease with NOX, Deus, Impact. So can my v3i for that matter. GB is critical for these tests also , because a slightly off or incorrectly GB machines will suck. Also coils play into it, i have a max right now and i know why the guy sold it to me so cheap now with 4 coils... the smaller garrett coil is no good i cannot even get a nickel at 4 inches and it is impossible to GB properly with it on the machine. Stock coils vs aftermarket,, size too matters.

I agree most machines are pretty darn good , especially in a fairly clean environment.

I like the last sentence,because it’s awfully true. Also,coil control is super important,and by that I mean...the action of the coil in a specific environment can make all the difference in getting the initial “hit” or not hearing anything,or...misinterpreting what is heard. Many times (more with my Explorer2 than with the CTX,but with the CTX it does happen) the intial super deep signal will start out as an iron grunt but then the signal can be “developed” into a good high tone repeater. There are just SO many variables in detecting it’s a wonder we find anything at all.
But,on average,in cleaner ground,highly conductive target within reasonable range...most machines will see it,as Trashfinder said.

Interesting. I don't doubt your results on that coin, but comparing the Nox against my Etrac, the Nox has seemed as deep. "Seems" is an imprecise term, but at this point in my experience with the machine, I'm reluctant to go further than that, given all the variables that exist. Your experience shows that the Nox is probably not going to "obsolete" all single-frequency machines where depth is concerned :) But, even with depth, you may get other results in different conditions...

In any case, I doubt any of us bought the Nox because we thought it was a deeper machine.

Hello Bloodhound......Thank you for informing us of the results of your test. I found it very informative. I have always had interest in the MXT PRO....in that particular test of the 9 inch dime, with the tone the MXT was giving you, would you have dug that in a real detecting scenario? Any other comments you can make would be interesting, including the XS.

Hello Bloodhound......Thank you for informing us of the results of your test. I found it very informative. I have always had interest in the MXT PRO....in that particular test of the 9 inch dime, with the tone the MXT was giving you, would you have dug that in a real detecting scenario? Any other comments you can make would be interesting, including the XS.

Yes, the tone on the MXT and XS would have both been dug in a fairly clean site, a site full of trash in all honesty maybe not. I have hundreds of hours and years of use on both of these machines and know them well, but I learned a lot about the Equinox since this post and I am about to make a new post on what I have found in several hours of testing just to get this dime with it.

No kool aid involved. I owned etrac for years and ctx and my nox is just as deep as both of them in my test garden and parks I hunt. Ctx has better target id but depth is a push with stock coils and separation is better on nox.

Edit: to be clear I owned all 3 detectors at same time and tested them side by side in test garden and parks. Then sold the etrac along with my at pro once I concluded testing. Obviously everyone has different soils and there are a ton of variables as others have mentioned so my results do not mean this will be true in all soils for all users. Just my experience that differs from the OP.

This is why I kept my Explorers and didn't drink the Equinox koolaid like a dumba$$:laughing:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The MXT Pro with the SEF 6x8 inch search coil kicks butt.

#1 It gets really good depth.
#2 It has great audio tones.
#3 It has great audio modulation.
#4 It gives accurate depth numbers
#5 It's well balanced and can be easily swung all day.
#6 It's almost EMI proof.
#7 It can be used for relic, coin and prospecting.
#8 It's built like a tank.
#9 If anything ever goes wrong you can depend on White's service dept.
#10 It's super easy to ground balance
#11 Target ID is easy to read.
#12 It has a backlight
#13 I love that it's analog based
#14 It has a threshold in the discrimination mode.
#15 It has a fast recovery speed.
#16 It unmask really well.
#17 It's SUPER FUN to use.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom