swinging, swishing and sewers

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....another hard day of driving across the apron dodging Airbuses, Dash 7s and 757s was over and this bouy was facing four days off with not a cloud in sight!

Once home and out of the wash I was ready for a relaxing night with "Bud and Company." Son of a sea horse another rerun! Phone rang. "You okay to play as we are one short of fielding a team for our game tonight?"

"Darrin I'm still only about 50%," I retorted!

"Thats good enough."

So feeling like a run over porcupine I made my way to Springfield Lake Field to be the nineth man out with my head hanging to one side and my neck feeling like a pin cushion. Hadn't umped nor played in almost three weeks but the team needed a body...and that is what they got youz....a corpus delicti!

Anyway I played great hitting 4/4 with a walk and fielding my pitching postion while taking a lineshot one hopper off the egg cup protector where I flopped around the field like a landed macheral and another shot that was trying to tear off my glove hand. In both cases I managed to "roll" the ball to first for the out.......then came the last inning. Easy , soft grounder that I handlily picked up..felt a spasm in my neck and promptly threw the ball from the mound about.......um............30 feet over first base into the stands with the easy out eventually scoring the go ahead run.

Bottom of the last inning up and I hit a triple and managed to stretched it into a double and called for a runner taking myself out of the game and sucking up the pain in the dugout. We did tie it up to win and I head home without even saying hi to Bud to put the ice to the various "affected" body parts.

Next morning I felt rather chipper ..that is until I visited the Chiro Killer from Kenya who "pretzilizes me with a vibrator down my spine and then kneads my back like a loaf of bread." After that abuse I headed out to the shore around the Northwest Arm to do a little swinging and breath in the almost sweet salt air. Every coin I find is totally toasted and smells like a ten day old cod on the pier in the hot sun but the view...well me son that was pristine.

Then I ventured to a few parks but every one was infested with rug rats so I thought it was time to go a swishing especially since the day had heated up.

Mind you I had to edit out a few ladies clad in very brief bikinis in this photo so that Marie would not get the wrong idea of why I went to this particular beach that just happens to be a military one and the fleet is out to sea......ummmmmm!

Swishing cooled me off in a hurry and produced the rest of the quota for the day including a 925 "O"

and a "leeches" calling key tag.

Anyway take for the day was a "butterflies are free" hairclip, earing, silver "O", leeches calling key tag and 50 coins @ $11.38

Attachments

• dingle.jpg
    dingle.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 246
  • dingletwo.jpg
    dingletwo.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 230
  • dinglethree.jpg
    dinglethree.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 232
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg