Minelab vs DFX at Beach. Any help

Anthony

Hi,
Spent several days at Pt Pleasant Beach NJ and found about $15.00 clad using the DFX Jewelry/ Beach Program. Spoke to a few others using Minelab detectors there 1 gentleman in a few hrs at the waters edge found 2 gold & 2 silver rings, a watch, a silver bracelet and a gold one. Am I doing something wrong? I dig all hits. Seemed on dry sand to work very well. Found a few coins in the wet sand. Do I need to tweak the setting a little? Im also was using Whites Super 12 coil. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to go down again and to Wildwood in September. Is the Minelab Explorer SE a better machine?
Thanks,
Anthony

Hi. In my opinion the Se is a better detector once you know it. Since you were using the concentric coil and the others had DD coils this would help them in those conditions. The DFX is an adequate beach detector but not the best for salt wet sand. You could try getting a DD coil for it. This may help. But remember ; the coil has to pass over the target first to have a chance to get it.

I've got 4 gold rings with my DFX this year in the wet sand and as far as I'm concerned the DFX is very stable in the wet sand and I was surprised by the depth I was getting as well.

D.F.X should be very good in wet sand!!!

Its the same as the Beach hunter ID. which is great in salt water and wet sand!! You got to remeber you can't always find loot every hunt! I hunt side by side with guys who use Minelab Explorer's. I tend to get more loot most times out. Beach hunting is very hard to figure out!! a whole beach can be sanded but one little area...the guy who finds that spot gets all the loot!! everyone else gets skunked!! It's a matter of educated luck most times!!! good luck!! you can't judge a detector by a couple hunts!! it takes very very many some times to figure it out. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom