Half an hour hunt at a beach

snf101480

Elite Member
The beach was too packed to hunt at first, so my gf and I decided to walk it for a while, and we found a pretty empty stretch of beach. Once we made it back to the car we decided to head down to that area. We found a nice pocket spill of 3 quarters 2 nickels, 1 dime and 2 pennies. Then we found another nickel and a penny. Not bad for half hour. I hope all of you have had a good memorial day.

Didn't you used to live in MA? I thought thats what I read on your site? The beach hasn't been good to me at all since I started detecing 2 months ago. I'd only find a ton of trash and I'd be lucky if I found 16 cents total all the times I went up until now.

I agree, spending time at the beach is great. Today was a perfect day for it and getting the half hour to detect and finding some stuff makes me look forward to the future beach hunts. I have some faith that I'll find some good stuff there. Question for those that hunt dry sand, have you guys found any jewelry or good stuff in it? I have the Ace 250 and I'm wondering if it'll hunt well in the wet sand during low tide or where my chances of finding the better stuff is with the detector I have. What do you guys think?

I'd say its a waste of your time. You have to have the sens turned about all the way down and even then it'll still go nuts with false signals in the wet sand. That's my experience with it at least.

I agree, spending time at the beach is great. Today was a perfect day for it and getting the half hour to detect and finding some stuff makes me look forward to the future beach hunts. I have some faith that I'll find some good stuff there. Question for those that hunt dry sand, have you guys found any jewelry or good stuff in it? I have the Ace 250 and I'm wondering if it'll hunt well in the wet sand during low tide or where my chances of finding the better stuff is with the detector I have. What do you guys think?

You know gold and treasure is a son of a gun:lol:
There is a lake nearby called pudingstone lake, It`s allways been so so there and no gold. but my wife wanted to hunt and it was close so off we go.
Long story short she managed to pull up a 3/4 carat diamond wedding/engagement band soldered together.
Never ever would I had expected that kind of ring from the dry sand at that lake.
When you have done this long enough you will come to see that it can happen anytime and anywhere. and that is what keeps me swinging my detector.
good Luck.

Ace 250 will do some damage on drysand "BIG TIME" on coins & gold, My wife use hers, she love it.......I use the IDX PRO it's a KILLER...keep your eyes on my posts this summer...my wife hunt with me on weekend, I hunt 5-7 days a wk.about 2 hrs per. we save the coins to Sept. cash it in "bank" one summer we had close to $400 :yes: Look for a beach with a hot dog stand "MO MONEY":D! Work that area HARD!! ;)

PS. In the summer of 2005 i found 7 gold rings, in 06 5 rings, 07 2 rings, 08 0 rings :( Did not hunt mush "personal reason"! Hey go get yours!! G/L

Thats reassuring, I'll have to check out your posts to see what you come up with this year. I was curious because most of the rings and gold and what not I've seen posted have come from the water hunting it seems. The ACE 250 has been awesome with change. I'm loving the machine, just haven't gotten lucky yet but I broke 20 bucks in change this weekend so I'm pleased with that.

Thats reassuring, I'll have to check out your posts to see what you come up with this year. I was curious because most of the rings and gold and what not I've seen posted have come from the water hunting it seems. The ACE 250 has been awesome with change. I'm loving the machine, just haven't gotten lucky yet but I broke 20 bucks in change this weekend so I'm pleased with that.

If you want to hunt the a wet salt beach you are better off getting a machine made for it... if money is an issue get a detector like the Detector Pro Pirate... The Ace 250 is not a good wet sand machine... by the time you turn down the sensitivity to stop the chatter you have lost too much depth... you're better off buying a beach machine made for hunting in salt water..

Bad winter for us in NE...sand get push out, this winter sand got push in :( we hunt for old gold! So now summer is here, hope to find gold in drysand & water!

Back
Top Bottom