Detector for my Son

I find the Garrett ACE series easy to use and a good value. I bought my son an ACE 250 eleven years ago and he is still using it as an adult. He plans to upgrade and let his kids take over the 250.

I just bought an ACE 400 this year and my own 250 will also be used by my grand kids.
My 12 yo granddaughter loves it.

Easy to use, proven the test of time and works.

A lot of good recommendations have been made so far, but I gotta throw my heavily patina-ed two cents in and suggest the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. While I have not used many other machines or owned any others I continue to be surprised at the finds I have turned up in the 4 months that i have been detecting. While there is a stigma where Bounty Hunter machines are concerned, but what you get for the price with the Land Ranger Pro has impressed me so far! I also recently picked up a Teknetics 5in DD coil for trashy areas and have not been disappointed with that either!

That aside, don't discount considering a good used machine from a reputable source.

well I ordered my son his machine. I ended up going with the Minelab Vanquish 440 and also got him a Garrett Carrot as well. watched quite a few videos on the Vanquish and Simplex. only reason I went with the Vanquish over the simplex is the tone sounds. even for me they seemed to be easier to distinguish from one to the other and the simplex seemed chatty on what videos I saw.
the water proof feature really dissent interest me much as we don't do any water type hunting.
im hoping he will like the machine.

Back
Top Bottom