Another pinpointer topic...Fisher F-Pulse

coin pirate

Forum Supporter
While doing some additional research due to the recent pinpointer debates, I came across the Fisher F-Pulse, wow, uh huh, WOW, what a quality piece of equipment in my opinion. I'm going to add a couple links for your enjoyment, and no its not cheap, but inline with some of the higher end models, but seems to be using better technology and has sensitivity adjustment, and...well check out the video and info below.
https://md-hunter.com/fisher-f-pulse-review-in-practice-opinions/
https://www.metaldetector.com/fisher-f-pulse-waterproof-pinpointer
How long before the Chinese try and copy this dude???
picture.php

It's been out for a while and had some growing pains. But from what I've heard, the wrinkles have been ironed out and it's a great pinpointer. Uses AA batteries, too!

I went through 2 new F-Pulse units when I jumped in. The thing was a total mess. I finally lost patience after lots of CS phone time to West Texas, and worked on it myself, before just quitting. I had skills, electronically.

The F-Pulse was rolled out with "not enough quality control." I got my F-Pulse woirking adequately, but it never ever performed like advertised. The first unit was great, for JUST ONE WEEK! Replacement was DOA on arrival. I got that resolved. It was sorry quality control, plain and simple.

Fisher told me that it was performing with in spec once I got my battery compartment mods fixed, even though the F-Pulse then was only about as sensitive as as a Garretts pointer, even the Carrot. I own many pointers BTW.

Sure wish the F-Pulse like my very first F-Pulse unit, was actually "real." the first ones put out were outstanding, but they just wouldn't stay stable.

I do use my F-Pulse every day, yet carry a whites TRX in tandem. I won't be caught an hour away without a backup to the F-Pulse.

Wow, that is extremely disheartening, I fell in love with the damn thing after the advert...guess I won't be buying one of them. Thanks for reporting real life conditions.

I went through 2 new F-Pulse units when I jumped in. The thing was a total mess. I finally lost patience after lots of CS phone time to West Texas, and worked on it myself, before just quitting. I had skills, electronically.

The F-Pulse was rolled out with "not enough quality control." I got my F-Pulse woirking adequately, but it never ever performed like advertised. The first unit was great, for JUST ONE WEEK! Replacement was DOA on arrival. I got that resolved. It was sorry quality control, plain and simple.

Fisher told me that it was performing with in spec once I got my battery compartment mods fixed, even though the F-Pulse then was only about as sensitive as as a Garretts pointer, even the Carrot. I own many pointers BTW.

Sure wish the F-Pulse like my very first F-Pulse unit, was actually "real." the first ones put out were outstanding, but they just wouldn't stay stable.

I do use my F-Pulse every day, yet carry a whites TRX in tandem. I won't be caught an hour away without a backup to the F-Pulse.

I had similar results. I started to grab it more than my TRX (great pp) but after a year it stopped working. First Texas replaced it quickly but the replacement didn't seem as good. The first year of ownership I would highly recommend it but now I have to add the *

Wow, that is extremely disheartening, I fell in love with the damn thing after the advert...guess I won't be buying one of them. Thanks for reporting real life conditions.

There are a lot of mixed reviews. Some say they still suck. Others say they've never had any problems once the initial run/batch got addressed/fixed.

My F-pulse is about two years old and I have had to do some adjustments to it, e.g., stretch negative contact spring, but I would buy another. I like it's depth & ability to pin-point shallow targets w/o digging first.

My F-pulse is about two years old and I have had to do some adjustments to it, e.g., stretch negative contact spring, but I would buy another. I like it's depth & ability to pin-point shallow targets w/o digging first.

What does a dime air test on yours today?

My point about this company selling these is that CS is questionable. I was left hanging. Others have posted generally the same on the web.

What kind of American company is so non committal in this market?

What kind of American company is so non committal in this market?

A lot of companies, American or otherwise, are run that way.

Screw the consumer and take their chances with litigation or customer support on a case-by-case basis.

After less than a week of use, the "beep" on my F-Pulse stopped working, but the vibrate still does. I kinda like it that way, nice and quiet, so I keep using it.

After less than a week of use, the "beep" on my F-Pulse stopped working, but the vibrate still does. I kinda like it that way, nice and quiet, so I keep using it.

I'm sorry, that's not a consolation, for what you guys pay for those, they should make coffee in the morning, find silver all day, and beep a lullaby when you sleep:neo:

From all the reading up I've done since starting this thread, What I've read has a majority consensus of....when they very first came out, they worked relatively like they were supposed to without too many issues, then quality took a dump, sensitivity went to hell, lockups, not working at all, a whole slew of problems, they were sent back in droves, sometimes more than once...along comes a software update and voila, they work better, but not as they were originally intended, most of the buggy issues gone, along with a lot of their original depth they bragged on, so you start out with an overpriced detector because it was unreliable, ended up with something that functions somewhere between the quality of a Garrett and a Chinese knockoff...sound about right?? Oh, and the minority who got lucky and theirs still works not having any major issues.

edit: oh, and it looks pretty:laughing:

Yeah, that sounds about right. Although I don't think they're as bad as the online posts make it seem. But, probably not as good as a Minelab Pro-Find or Garrett Carrot.

I've only had mine for about a month, but I love it.

Feels good in my hand and the adjustable sensitivity is great. Batteries seem to last a long time so this will definitely save money over a 9 V battery powered pinpointer.

A lot of companies, American or otherwise, are run that way.

Screw the consumer and take their chances with litigation or customer support on a case-by-case basis.
Reminds me of Dilbert cartoon, a call to CS and you get put on hold until you disconnect yourself.

I have the tek point....same as the Fisher but green and it has been the best one I have ever owned. Love it very much

While doing some additional research due to the recent pinpointer debates, I came across the Fisher F-Pulse, wow, uh huh, WOW, what a quality piece of equipment in my opinion. I'm going to add a couple links for your enjoyment, and no its not cheap, but inline with some of the higher end models, but seems to be using better technology and has sensitivity adjustment, and...well check out the video and info below.
https://md-hunter.com/fisher-f-pulse-review-in-practice-opinions/
https://www.metaldetector.com/fisher-f-pulse-waterproof-pinpointer
How long before the Chinese try and copy this dude???
picture.php
yeah do not believe everything you read about the Fisher F Pulse, they are still terrible in many ways, I currently own the newer fisher F Pulse, Nokta Pulse Dive, original black Garrett Pro Pointer, and the new Quest X Pointer Max both older and new 2023 model the Fisher F Pulse is my least favorite of all the ones I have

I tried the F Pulse 5 or 6 years ago, returned it as I had multiple issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom