It finally happened!!! My first gold coin... (pic heavy)

sandgroper

Elite Member
Well I didn't think I'd ever be posting something like this, but the other day I found my first gold coin!

About a month ago I met up with a friend at a park that I thought could be worth a shot. We didn't find much at first, but came across an area where we started finding some late 1800's, early 1900's coins. Turns out there were some really old house sites there.

Fast forward to last week, we decided to give the place another go. He couldn't make it unfortunately so it turned out to be a solo hunt. 6th target for the hunt was a 12:30/31 on the CTX. Now, a few months ago I tested a sovereign my dad had bought off eBay, and it came up as a solid 12:31. So every time I get one of those signals, I think back to that sovereign (but those targets always end up being junk...until today). I dug the plug, flipped it over, stuck the pinpointer in the hole, pushed away some dirt and there it was, a very bright gold rim.

I thought to myself 'no way I've just found a sovereign', so I took my phone out and took the picture, just in case. I'll never forget the moment of pulling a gold coin out the ground. I was very careful when wiping the dirt off it. I can't believe it's in such great condition, and pretty much all the original lustre is still there. It's a 1911 Perth mint (so it didn't travel far from home). 7.98g of 22k gold.

I've been back twice, and have gotten a few more old coins so it's great spot that's been producing nicely over the past few hunts. Thanks for looking, and good luck out there

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpg
    IMG_3140.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_3142.jpg
    IMG_3142.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 917
  • IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_3003.jpg
    IMG_3003.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 904
  • IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_3162.jpg
    IMG_3162.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 891
  • IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_3005.jpg
    IMG_3005.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3158.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_3132.jpg
    IMG_3132.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_3145.jpg
    IMG_3145.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 848
Wow!!! That's a memory to cherish! Absolutely stunning gold coin. 8g of 22k, 100 year old Australian gold is the stuff of dreams. Hope that site had another to give.

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!:wow::wow::wow:

That is just incredible! Super big congratulations, you have entered a truly exclusive club right there, one that many of us could only wish to be allowed to enter.

Oyeh! Great location and pics!

WOW!!! You hit the detecting lottery - big congrats on living the dream!

That gold coin is a beauty - I'll bet you'll be grinning for a week after that find.

Congrats on the amazing find of a lifetime! :okpeople: :dingding: :good: :clap: :clapping: :clap: :good:

Very beautiful coin, looks like it was a freshly minted coin when dropped. :cool3:

Bonzer of a Find Mate! You are a dedicated hunter and it was bound to happen to you!
Your Father must be very proud of you as are all of your Forum Friends!!:bowdown::bowdown::wincup: Thanks for the pics and the share with us!

That is one sweet find!

Dreams can come true... Dreams can come true... Dreams can come true...

*Squints eyes really hard and HOPES*

-Skippy

Wow!!! That's a memory to cherish! Absolutely stunning gold coin. 8g of 22k, 100 year old Australian gold is the stuff of dreams. Hope that site had another to give.

Thank you! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what it was :)

WOW that is a Major bucket lister Great find Sandgroper !!!!!!!

Thanks! Been on my bucket list for quite a while now, :)

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!:wow::wow::wow:

That is just incredible! Super big congratulations, you have entered a truly exclusive club right there, one that many of us could only wish to be allowed to enter.

Oyeh! Great location and pics!

Thank you! Still can't believe it, wouldn't have ever thought I'd find one

Awesome find and welcome to the club! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate :)

Top of many bucket lists right there, WTG man, cherish that coin!

Thanks zeemang! :)

WOW!!! You hit the detecting lottery - big congrats on living the dream!

That gold coin is a beauty - I'll bet you'll be grinning for a week after that find.

Thank you! It's in such great condition, I'm so glad I didn't hit it with my digger

Congrats on the amazing find of a lifetime! :okpeople: :dingding: :good: :clap: :clapping: :clap: :good:

Very beautiful coin, looks like it was a freshly minted coin when dropped. :cool3:

Thanks! Yeah, there's barely no wear on it so it must've been dropped straight after minting

You’re killing it! Congrats on the lifetime find!

Thanks jwp!

Bonzer of a Find Mate! You are a dedicated hunter and it was bound to happen to you!
Your Father must be very proud of you as are all of your Forum Friends!!:bowdown::bowdown::wincup: Thanks for the pics and the share with us!

Thank you Mud! Yes dad also agreed the coin is beautiful, still can't believe I've found one

That is one sweet find!

Dreams can come true... Dreams can come true... Dreams can come true...

*Squints eyes really hard and HOPES*

-Skippy

Thank you Skippy!

Nice job! Congrats!!

Thanks! :)

That’s a great find, congrats!

Thank you!

Wow awesome finds and awesome story! Good job.

Thanks Rigoler! :)

Congrats a gold coin is a dream find for sure. For most an impossible dream, but we all keep dreaming.

Thanks, you don't know how long I've been dreaming for :lol:

Back
Top Bottom