POACHING in Western Washington for Gold & Silver!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well... after reading what cruiserkev, Buellride, and RainorShine have been finding in the Seattle / Tacoma area, I just had to get away from the snow and frozen ground to do some poaching... ahhh...ahhhh... I mean detecting over there!:)

Actually, I had a trip to the Seattle area on business, and my wife and I planned to stay at her parent's house in the Auburn WA area for a week, so why not pack up that obsolete AT Pro and get a couple of days of detecting in.

As you can see in the first pic, we have a bit of snow here in Western Montana, pretty tuff to even swing the coil let alone deal with the frozen ground underneath. The weather in the Seattle area promised a couple of days of cool temps but sunshine. I have not been out detecting this year and looked forward to a chance to try.

On my first day out, I headed to Tacoma and hit a couple of permission yards and about one block's worth of parking strips on one side of the street. My first silvers of the year... a Rosie and a War Nickel, along with a nice Sterling Ring with amethyst stone, and about $5.00 in clad. Later in the week, on Saturday, I headed to a 1920's neighborhood in Seattle to hunt a curb strip, found the 2 Silver War Nickels, wheaties, a junker ring, some more clad, and a real nice 14K white and yellow gold "diamond cut" Artcarved wedding band. Wooooot!

Anyway... it was good to detect, am back now in Snowy Montana hoping the weather will break and this winter will go away! You guys in the Seattle area are doing great, keep up the good finds! Would love to detect with you some day!

Attachments

• claddie1.jpg
    claddie1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 279
  • claddie2.jpg
    claddie2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 281
  • claddie3.jpg
    claddie3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 255
  • claddie4.jpg
    claddie4.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 235
  • claddie6.jpg
    claddie6.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 273
Thanks Buellride, checked PM and replied, hope to detect with you soon!

And yeah, that Puget Sound traffic is a total zoo! I made sure I headed out AFTER the morning crush hours and was back at the wife's parent's house BEFORE the late afternoon crush!

Thanks Coinshark and NCtoad, glad I made some good finds, but what a treat to finally get out and do some detecting!

If that is a picture of your home David it belongs on a postcard. It is always a lot of fun and a challenge to get away from home grounds to exert your skills. From the looks of your finds you did so with some gusto. Congrats on The Gold Ring, the Sterling Ring, the Rosie along with the War Nickle harem. It has to feel really good to get back out. Trapper

Thanks Trapper & MuddyMo!

That view is from my front porch looking west toward the Bitterroot Mountains. The valley where I live is about 50 miles long N/S/ and about 20-40 miles wide E/W with the Sapphire Mtns to the east and the Bitterroots to the west. A beautiful place to live!

Back
Top Bottom