Major Bucketlister X2!! *Added Video Links*

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I went back to the park that I dug some early wheats and mercs earlier this week. This is a public park! There is a layer of early 1900s dirt, starting at about 8 inches down. I quickly dug a merc and then a nice indian head penny. Then things started getting a little crazy. I got this beautiful, deep signal, consistantly at 35-36 from all directions. It was tight. I thought it might be some iron falsing, but it was just so consistant. I popped a large, deep plug and pulled out this 1908 D Barber half! I was so excited! It's my first Barber half and she's a beauty. I gained my composure and dug a few early wheats. Then I came across another awesome signal. I popped the plug and scooped out some of the dirt from the hole. I broke apart the clod and saw a large silver rim. ANOTHER Barber Half! 1907 O. I was smiling ear to ear! These 2 big silvers make #20 and #21 FTY. It was a pleasant afternoon to say the least. Thanks for looking.

Here are my very amateur videos of the finds:

Watch "Barber Half #1" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/OGchZOSHMmg

Watch "Barber Half #2" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/CjbAZuqU4oU

Attachments

• 20190310_124747_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_124747_resized(1).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 20190310_144402_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_144402_resized(1).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 20190310_144243(0)_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_144243(0)_resized(1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 342
  • 20190310_144228_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_144228_resized(1).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 20190310_155826_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_155826_resized(1).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 321
  • 20190310_160003_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_160003_resized(1).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 20190310_180716_resized(1).jpg
    20190310_180716_resized(1).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Isn’t it COLD in Utah right now?? How is it EVERYONE is digging but ME?:lol:
TWO BARBER HALVES in ONE HUNT???? Come ON people!!! You’re KILLING ME!!!!!!!!
Put on your biggest coil and HUNT THAT PLACE HARD STIFFY!!!!:grin::digginahole::woohoo:

I went back to the park that I dug some early wheats and mercs earlier this week. This is a public park! There is a layer of early 1900s dirt, starting at about 8 inches down. I quickly dug a merc and then a nice indian head penny. Then things started getting a little crazy. I got this beautiful, deep signal, consistantly at 35-36 from all directions. It was tight. I thought it might be some iron falsing, but it was just so consistant. I popped a large, deep plug and pulled out this 1908 D Barber half! I was so excited! It's my first Barber half and she's a beauty. I gained my composure and dug a few early wheats. Then I came across another awesome signal. I popped the plug and scooped out some of the dirt from the hole. I broke apart the clod and saw a large silver rim. ANOTHER Barber Half! 1907 O. I was smiling ear to ear! These 2 big silvers make #20 and #21 FTY. It was a pleasant afternoon to say the least. Thanks for looking.

Dude, you're KILLING me with these finds. Sick.

-Skippy

Whoa!!! :detector: Absolutely amazing! :wow2: 2 Barber halves are like the equivalent of finding a Morgan! Maybe rarer, because you had to dig 2 plugs to find these. :lol: Major congrats! :woot:

I know what you mean. We got another 8 inches of snow last night. :lotsasnow: We have close to 3 feet in some spots! :snowtruck:

:woot: :clapping: :thumbsup: :wow2: :neat: :clapping: :woot:

Okay, I usually don't go crazy with emoticons, but this is worth it! Great finds!

Big congrats! finding 2 in one outing :wow:
Now with those tones lodged somewhere in the "memory of your middle ear"
You maybe getting onto a silver hot streak,
as I had last summer.....
Finding 3 barbers halves in 13 days and a big ben 8 days later.
Hope you'll get out there & dig some more,
to show us snow-bound diggers that have cabin fever.

Unreal! Major Congrats!!

OMG.. WOW.. that is the stuff MUD Dreams are made of :yes:

unbelievable day Stiffwrists !!

Very nice finds.
Two old halves in same hunt.
Unbelievable !!!

Looks like a great day!!! Congrats!!!!

Very, veeerrryyy cool!

:woot: :clapping: :thumbsup: :wow2: :neat: :clapping: :woot:

Okay, I usually don't go crazy with emoticons, but this is worth it! Great finds!

Thanks! It was one awesome outing. There is still big old silver out there! I haven't even been detecting for 2 full years yet. Even us new people to the hobby can make great finds if you put the time and practice in. It is very rewarding. I'm so glad to have found this forum and you great group of like minded people. It's funny, my wife and kids just cant comprehend how awesome 2 Barber halves found in one afternoon is!! Thank you for your kind words. Now I just have to go see if this park has more to offer. :D

TWO BARBER HALVES in ONE HUNT???? Come ON people!!! You’re KILLING ME!!!!!!!!
Put on your biggest coil and HUNT THAT PLACE HARD STIFFY!!!!:grin::digginahole::woohoo:

Haha. It was about 38 degrees today. Just about perfect for me. I love cool afternoons with damp soil. It's the summer months that really take a toll on me. I plan on searching this place very thoroughly, from all directions, with different coils and settings.

Big congrats! finding 2 in one outing :wow:
Now with those tones lodged somewhere in the "memory of your middle ear"
You maybe getting onto a silver hot streak,
as I had last summer.....
Finding 3 barbers halves in 13 days and a big ben 8 days later.
Hope you'll get out there & dig some more,
to show us snow-bound diggers that have cabin fever.

A silver streak! You might be on to something. I DID find a big Ben a few weeks ago.

Wow nice job finding two silver halves from a public park, let alone they are both barbers! Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom