• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Etrac,Deus or CTX 3030?

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Gonna be making a big buy when I get income tax check. Love my F75se to death but want something else to have around in case the F75 ever need to go in for repairs. Also I want to see what the big deal is with the minelabs lol. Places I hunt is trashy and lot of iron. I hunt for old coins and relics. Have good to medium soil thanks. This will be my final detector for a while. I prefer high end machines.

Since you already own a f75, its more redundant getting a deus. I'd go for either minelab for a bit more versatility. Minelab for park and schoolyard silver, the beach etc. F75 for woods, relics, homesteads and everything else.

Whats the matter bro

Ya cant make up your mind , don't know what to spend the tax money on :laughing:, here ya go it's simple , F75se & E-trac , the killer combo, Earl

Attachments

• 20111119_6.JPG
    20111119_6.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 729
I filed the taxes today and looks like its gonna be the etrac unless I can get a really good deal on the CTX. Not married and no dependents = government robbery. Gave them 5 grand they give me back $1700 lol

As long as you won't be hunting near me, get the CTX. :laughing: It will cost you little more than your refund though. The E-trac is a great detector and if you get one, it will serve you very well if you take the time to learn it.

Never used one but from what I hear you get a lot of iron nulling with the etrac. You said you hunt around a lot of Iron so I would cross that off the list. The ctx rocks in iron I've pulled silver out of holes with multiple nails over the coins. It will take some time to learn its language but a great detector over all. Never used a deus so your on your own there. If you ever plan on doing any water hunting the choice is clear. Give Bart or Evan at BBH a call you are closer to the ctx with $1700 than you think!

Id say just from the talk id go for the CTX...the GPS can be good for tracking what you found and where but the price is kicking in there with the new garrett too so then that becomes another option, the xp would scare with with the cost of the coil...like $400 I think..its light but that's a lot to accidently bump on some granite rock and go bye bye.

Never used one but from what I hear you get a lot of iron nulling with the etrac. You said you hunt around a lot of Iron so I would cross that off the list. The ctx rocks in iron I've pulled silver out of holes with multiple nails over the coins. It will take some time to learn its language but a great detector over all. Never used a deus so your on your own there. If you ever plan on doing any water hunting the choice is clear. Give Bart or Evan at BBH a call you are closer to the ctx with $1700 than you think!

exactly! I've pulled barber dimes at 8 inches crusted with a layer of iron rust in a spot I had been over countless times with the at pro and etrac. Those who say the ctx is overrated 1 never has used one or two used one that a buddy had and used it for a hour or so and did not know how to use it and could not understand what it was trying to say. The trace feature on it is amazing once you understand it. Run it in open screen ferrous coin in combined mode at its a monster!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

coinwisperer

You talk about a machine you don't own, not cutting up on the Ctx3030 guys, but I would keep an extra 1000.00 clams in my pocket , and get a E-trac, you do what you want, happy hunting Earl Ps the Ctx3040s are getting ready to come out only 3k :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You talk about a machine you don't own, not cutting up on the Ctx3030 guys, but I would keep an extra 1000.00 clams in my pocket , and get a E-trac, you do what you want, happy hunting Earl Ps the Ctx3040s are getting ready to come out only 3k :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Coinwhisperer has a CTX now and had an E-Trac - he has good experience on both machines.

Ummmm Surf, correct me if I am wrong, but you never swung a CTX, so you are doing the same thing you accused him of. You have no idea about the difference between an e-trac and a CTX to be fair, and you have not even swung your e-trac yet either - didn't you just buy it like a half hour ago?? :laughing:

Tonym

Been swinging detectors for 38 years, :laughing: your funny, sorry but I have been running a Etrac , and f75 for years, didn't know he had a CTX3030, my apology to him, so far I haven't seen anything the CTx3030 get's that Terry doesn't get with his E-trac, ,as far as Water hunters, I haven't seen any Ctx3030 guys get anymore gold ,than the Excalibur, Cz21 , cz20, and the Df guy's get, but the CTX3030 guys have had the seals leak in the water, they are only good to 10 ft , mine 200ft, happy hunting :roll::laughing: For your info , it was a Euro Tec pro 8 inch and 11dd that I just recently got for hunting in Bad areas instead of running high end say a etrac at 1500.00 if I get robbed its a 300.00 machine with performance of a mid grade with a iron volume reduction option, GET IT WRIGHT :laughing: Here was my 1st machine probably before you were born 1976, but maybe not :shock::lol:

Attachments

• water machines & gt 004.JPG
    water machines & gt 004.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 608
  • whites coinmaster.jpg
    whites coinmaster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 608
I stand corrected :grin:

I was 20 in 1976 though :)

OHHHH - I see where I went wrong - I was just chatting with a guy named surfchunker who just bought his first e-trac about a half hour ago. Getting my Surf Master and surfchunker confused.

Now that is funny!! I retract my previous comment to you entirely :)

My apologies Surf Master - getting my apples and oranges confused :laughing:

Ok than

I understand, my apology also, I spend most of my time on the water section, and don't keep updated on the land section, :yes::lol: Happy CTX3030 hunting, Earl :back2topic: Tn Indian, it's your choice, get what ever your want Bro, Happy hunting :detector:

The CTX is MUCH more stable than the Minelab E-Trac. No deeper but the ID is a lot more solid at depth. Much easier to learn to hunt in iron.

When you load our gone hunting program in the Minelab CTX 3030 it is a whole new ball game.

The XP DEUS Metal Detector is a completely different animal all together. AMAZING right out of the box in iron and heavy trash.

Feel free to give us a ring with questions on all three. I have many hours on all of them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom