• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

30X magnifier

TerryEastTexas

Forum Supporter
I bought this at Radio shack several years ago when I worked at a greenhouse. It helped to ID spider mites, which are verrrrry small.
I now use it to check mint marks or other coin mistakes. It's 5.5"X2". It gets you up close and personal.

Attachments

• radioshack_200.jpg
    radioshack_200.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 326
Good idea Terry. I've lost my magnifying glass and I need to get another one. I should look for one of these.

That's some perfect timing, Terry. I now need to take a close look at coins and I'm in the market for just that sort of thing.

Thanks!

OH

Terry I have a loop I carry around my neck when I detect for that purpose and to check the carat of a ring.

I used one just like that yesterday at the coin shop. They are really a great little scope to use on coins. :yes:

Terry, I think thats what I am looking for . Do you know app. how big it is and app. how much would it cost me..
thanks idxwodd

Terry, I read the post again and I didn't realize you had the size already wrote down [sorry] but thanks for the reply. I am off thursday and I am going to radio shack to check them out.
Also thanks OZ,[ for the pictures] I am looking forward to getting something like that to take in the field.Sometimes I can't wait to get home to see what I dug up, no more waiting now....

OZ, I have the 60-100X also. I like the 30X best. 60X is getting a little strong but you can see all the very little straches on the coin. But the higher magnification is harder to focus. And if you go up to 100X you might start looking for atoms. :lol:

Terry 55 said:
OZ, I have the 60-100X also. I like the 30X best. 60X is getting a little strong but you can see all the very little straches on the coin. But the higher magnification is harder to focus. And if you go up to 100X you might start looking for atoms. :lol:
Yeah I can see the higher powers bringing out 'slight' details :grin: Just wanted to post what Radio Shack may be carrying now. Could not find a 30x on the site - hopefully some stores still carry them.

Back
Top Bottom