• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Park1 or Park2 for silver?

I have been on the fence about park 1 vs park 2 since I bought it. Park 1 is supposedly deeper but I never noticed that difference. I have been pulling silver and wheats 9-14" consistently with the 15" coil in park 2 (most of them I have on video on my YouTube channel). What I did read and have noticed is that park 2 is supposed to be better on small objects and since leaving it in park 2 the past few months I seem to be finding WAY more coins in "hunted out" spots and I'm suspecting that is because not only are they 8"+ but are on edge and park 2 seems to be picking those tiny edges of the coins out very well. Easy to tell with the Nox when you've found one on edge because you end up digging 2 holes. One for where you mis-pinpointed the target and the second correct hole 6" away. :lol: For some reason with the Nox a silver straight up on edge is hit hard on the right and left sides of the coil instead of the center. Pretty sure I'll be sticking with park 2 but I plan to do more testing on the deep ones next week. If theyre deeper in park 1 than the ones I've been getting in park 2 with the 15" coil I guess I'll have to start trucking in a backhoe with me.

I believe the higher the IB number,the MORE likely it is that the target will be classified as non-Ferrous,or a GOOD target...so a LOWER IB is what you’d want if nails are fooling you. Someone correct me if this is backward...

I believe the higher the IB number,the MORE likely it is that the target will be classified as non-Ferrous,or a GOOD target...so a LOWER IB is what you’d want if nails are fooling you. Someone correct me if this is backward...

Backwards. Higher the IB the more the machine will classify it as ferrous. I generally keep mine on 1 with no problems. Blocks out most nails and junk but the large hunks of deep iron will still fool it.

Backwards. Higher the IB the more the machine will classify it as ferrous. I generally keep mine on 1 with no problems. Blocks out most nails and junk but the large hunks of deep iron will still fool it.

Yes,I just re-read the Manual...thanks!:grin:
Now if this ice and snow would disappear I could actually go use mine!

Did you mean id ? Whats ib?

Yes,I just re-read the Manual...thanks!:grin:
Now if this ice and snow would disappear I could actually go use mine!

So... the higher the Iron Bias setting, the more the machine will classify iron as iron. With a lower setting the machine will tend to identify iron as non-ferrous? Just making sure I'm thinking this through right. If I continuously dig rusty nails, I should increase the bias to lower the propensity to dig rusty nails that are erroneously hitting as high tones?

So... the higher the Iron Bias setting, the more the machine will classify iron as iron. With a lower setting the machine will tend to identify iron as non-ferrous? Just making sure I'm thinking this through right. If I continuously dig rusty nails, I should increase the bias to lower the propensity to dig rusty nails that are erroneously hitting as high tones?

Yes, but I wouldn't turn it up too much or you're losing the unmasking power of the Nox and it won't pick coins out of iron and junk as well.

Yes, you're wrapping your head around Iron Bias correctly, but there's a little more detail to consider in how you're setting your IB. This website has the easiest to understand overview of Iron Bias on the Equinox that I've found so far: The Silver Fiend: Minelab Equinox Iron Bias Explained

Okay today I used the Nox 800 with stock coil in Park1, recovery 5, iron bias 2. I found another Merc dime 7-8 inches at the same park I have been hunting regular lately. My buddies Etrac would not make a beep on this dime. The 800 VID ranged from 25 to 30, but stayed in the upper 20's as I circle the target.

This has been the only time so far that he has swung over a target I could clearly call silver due to depth that he could not detect. He found a Merc shortly there after and the 800 sounded great over it with accurate VID, but it was not quite as deep as the one I found.

I will have to continue experimenting with both Park1 and Park2. Park1 may hit silver harder than Park2 in less trashy spots.

I will have to continue experimenting with both Park1 and Park2. Park1 may hit silver harder than Park2 in less trashy spots.

Could it be that Park 2 just isnt hitting as hard after the update? Sometimes I think we lost a little something after the new update.

Back
Top Bottom