• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

#10 Silver FTY; My First SLQ

Foragist

Forum Supporter
So far this year, at my casual pace, I have recovered 4 Rosies, 4 Mercs, one '57 Washington quarter(GW), and this morning, after only 30-40 minutes, found my very first standing liberty quarter! She's badly scuffed and dinged, but rather pretty, regardless!
The ball field it was in, near first base, has been my huntin' ground several times now. I have most of the coinage cleaned out, but was searching for something old today. Turned up the Eagle Spectrum's gain a bit, and concentrated my search areas. Success! This showed & sounded a solid quarter signal at 5 inches. Hard packed gravel.

Attachments

• DSCN2394.jpg
    DSCN2394.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN2395.jpg
    DSCN2395.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 309
Nice! Congrats on the Stander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your fine. The first SLQ that I've ever found was confiscated by the landowner. And I have not found another yet.

Great save ! Congrats on the SLQ. Dug my first one about a month ago. A 1925, they are a special find for sure. HH Mark

Thanks everybody. The discovery is the best part. It's good to hear from folks that appreciate this kind of find.
This coin didn't suffer too much circulation wear, but it sure took a beating in the gravel!

SLQ's are one of the most beautiful coins ever minted !
Congrats on a great find !

The earlier Type 1 SLQ's (1916 - 1924) had raised pedestal dates that wore of very easily.
Most Type 1's that are found have no dates on them.

You got lucky - yours is the later version Type 2 (1925 - 1930) with the recessed date.

The earlier Type 1 SLQ's (1916 - 1924) had raised pedestal dates that wore of very easily.

You got lucky - yours is the later version Type 2 (1925 - 1930) with the recessed date.

x2 those dates didn't wear much

Something I didn't know. Thank you for clarifying. I do like learning about old coins. I think I now know enough to embarass myself in a conversation with a room full of coin experts.:wow:

Congratulations!! I've only come across one so far in my first year and I keep hoping I'll see another. Beautiful coin you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your fine. The first SLQ that I've ever found was confiscated by the landowner. And I have not found another yet.
I was just trying to imagine your misfortune. I don't know how it went down, but handing over a really nice find would bug me for a long time. But, One would think Karma would guide your coil over an even better SLQ...eventually...right?

Back
Top Bottom