$400 to spend f2 with lots of coils or f4?

Yntdrum

For around $350 I can get a fisher f2 with 4", 8" and the 11dd coils and the pinpointer. Another $50 and I can get a case and the 10" coil.

Or I can get an f4 for $399

I don't want to spend more than $400.

Will I want the smaller coils sometimes? Or should I just go with the f4?

Would love to hear your feedback based on experience.

Where are you located and what type of hunting will you be doing? These are the 2 most important things to consider when choosing between 2 detectors.

I live in Arkansas and want to find anything of value..haha. Have always wanted one since i had my toy star trek one but not really focused on anything in particular yet, so I guess general purpose.

Yes, i think your list pretty much covers it..haha. I like diversity. I am sure that doesn't clear things up a lot.

Ok well usually if you want to do relic hunting you're going to want ground balancing - which the F2 doesn't have. The F4 has it in it's all-metal mode which would be fine for relic hunting depending on where you're going.

So it sounds like you're better off with the F4 if you're looking for diversity.

I would get the best detector that you can afford however, a small coil for hunting trashy areas is a great benefit if you plan to hunt parks, schools, etc. You might also consider buying a used one off the classifieds. You might be able to pick up a better detector and the coils that you want for a great price !!! I recently upgraded to my current detector that I love but I do miss my little shooter coil and will be purchasing a small coil ASAP.

Ok. I had read somewhere that the 4" coil was better for small items like coins, etc and was thinking that more coils might be better for diversity.

I appreciate the advice.

I just bought an F4 about 2 months ago and love it with the 11" DD coil. I hunt totlots all the time where there is lots of trash. The F4 has a quick recovery and once you learn what its saying, you'll have no reasons for a smaller coil.

For around $350 I can get a fisher f2 with 4", 8" and the 11dd coils and the pinpointer. Another $50 and I can get a case and the 10" coil.

Or I can get an f4 for $399

I don't want to spend more than $400.

Will I want the smaller coils sometimes? Or should I just go with the f4?

Would love to hear your feedback based on experience.

If you were anywhere near Chattanooga,TN I would sell you my F2 (w/all 3 coils) for $225 at most. It's been taken care of in an OCD kind of way! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom