My heart was pounding!

midwest

Elite Member
The people who have been viewing my post know that I have been hunting a 1800's site that I have deemed my "secret site" for the times I hunt alone. I Have had my best day to date, and am still in disbelief. All found in a 10x20 area that i didn't have time to finish, so I will be going back. This was a dream for me that I wasn't sure would happen, but I have been persistent and it has paid off. First one pictured I first thought was a 1864 shield nickel, but after cleaning it noticed it was actually a 1864 2 cent piece. This just blew my mind considering they only made them from 1864-1873. This is my oldest coin to date now. Second picture shown is a 1884 semi key date Seated Liberty dime (my first ever seated). You can imagine how I was feeling finding this right after the 2 cent piece. Now the third picture shown is my oldest coin to date (broke my oldest coin record about 20min after finding the 2 center). 1858 Seated Liberty Half dime which is in the best condition between the three for the exception that I nicked it a little.:( Its OK, it doesn't really bother me though.:D I was shaking and my heart was pounding. I just left and decided to come back another day. It was just too much for me, lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,311
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,313
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,312
  • IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0247.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,305
  • IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,303
Holy moly, those are some serious finds there sir. :wow: I would be extremely happy to find any one of those....nice work! :D Now get back there and find the others that are waiting. ;)

Wow those are eye popping! All of those finds are rarely dug up coins especially the half dime! And it is in awesome condition! Awesome finds.

That is awesome. Way to go its amazing that people can find half dimes considering how small they are. Congrats.

Thanks again, everyone. I will keep everyone posted with new finds. I would love to have a group hunt here, but the owner is a little touchy, nice, but touchy. I don't want to ruin the opportunity, so its now my secret site. HH everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom