Be carefull - maybe, your eyes will bust!

jabberwocky666

It was around the year 1300 in Germany. A trademan from France wants to visit the City Colon. On his long and dangerous way through the princedoms he always fear to lose his money. Before he went into an inn, he dig his money so it couldn't be stolen. Unfortunately the trademan dies suddenly - maybe, he was murdered or he get the plague, who knows...

So his money still was burried in the earth and became with the years a little treasure.

In March 1945 the Allied troops attacks the German soldiers. One grenade explodes near by the hidden treasure and spread it in the area around.

2011 a german treasure seaker walk around the area and found one nice, old silvercoin. Two more steps he found the next one. And 4 ones a few centimeters besides. And so on... At least he found more than 60 coins, but there are more, for sure!

Most of the coins are from the French king PhilipIV called the Fair 1285-1314.

The worth is from 150 $ / coin to 1.000.- $ / coin, all in all maybe 25.000 $.

The 3 coins at the last pics are the same ones! You can see there an usually practice from the middle-age: The people cut a little part from the coins and so the coins get smaller and smaller with the time.

Please excuse my bad english!

Attachments

• silbertaler 001.jpg
    silbertaler 001.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,232
  • silbertaler 005.jpg
    silbertaler 005.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3,231
  • tournose1.jpg
    tournose1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 3,230
  • tournose2.jpg
    tournose2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,237
You guys in Europe got it made when finding old stuff. Id be happy with something from the 1800s let alone the 13th&14th centuries. Great find.

VERY nice my friend! Do you get to keep them or does the German Government claim them? I hope you get to keep them! Thanks for showing them to us. HH.

Man I got to get to

Europe! Man where is Europe? Is that by Cincinnati? I got to go to Germany. That is the best I have seen yet !! Congrats to you !! :yes: :yes: :yes:

:shock::shock::shock:

That's a find of a lifetime. Truly Eye popping and mind blowing (as said before)! BTW - Your English is fine and MUCH better than my German!

Doug

Wow

I was excited about finding ONE of those a few months back. That is truely amazing and I think you just devalued my coin with this many new ones on the market...lol. Great job.

How much do apartments go for in Germany! Do they need landscapers cause Im ready to move there! Congrats, it is a beautiful find!

Back
Top Bottom