Finally some big silver...double Walkers found in almost the same hole!

Waveoff

Elite Member
Today started off kind of slow but ended with a bang! I went to a family friend's house this morning and managed two Merc's. Last week, I found a silver GW, 3 war nickels, a bunch of wheats and some cool relics there.

Later in the day, I went back to my son's friend's house where I have been finding lots of stuff from the late 1800's/early 1900's. So far, I've pulled out of the ground there 3 Injun's, 3 Barber Dimes, a dateless Buff, a couple of small gold filled items and a ton of early 1900's bullets/shell casings/shotgun head stamps. After finding nothing but a handful of head stamps and bullets, I decided to head to my car and pack it up since it was getting dark. On my way to the car I thought I would try out a spot between the busy main road and a tree where I found a toasted Injun and an 1899 Barber Dime. I hit a big target that sounded off like an aluminum can but didn't discriminate out like a can would. I thought to myself, "Huh, this sounds like the Walker my girlfriend had me verify in the ground a while back!" I dug down about 6" and popped something big and round out of the ground. I was able to see from the headlights from the next car that passed that it was a Walker! I did my happy dance and turned my detector off but then came to my senses and turned it back on to re-scan the area. Less than a foot away, I got another similar tone. Another Walker! That makes silvers #35 & #36 FTY. :)

hVStFEM.jpg

hY6XN3v.jpg

JnfY6hX.jpg

yPfQG0e.jpg

dZFG6jE.jpg

Last edited:
WOW WOW n WOW ! You lucky dog ! Thats one hunt that will be tuff to top. Congrats and pound that area some more. HH Mark

WOW!!👀Nicely done

Thank you!

And they're from the same year as well, congrats! :)

Thanks! I was surprised they were the same year.

Freaking fantastic!!!! And double 17's to boot!!!

I found 2 walkers in one hole once, I know how you feel :D. Congrats

Thank you! Finding multiple silver in the same hole is always a thrill. The day before, I found a silver Rosie and a war nickel in the same hole. This definitely tops that! Even though they were just close to one another.:lol:

I like your finds video on YouTube btw. Very cool stuff with good background information! Liked and subscribed...

WOW WOW n WOW ! You lucky dog ! Thats one hunt that will be tuff to top. Congrats and pound that area some more. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I'm getting ready to head out the door to pound it some more today!

Last edited:
Those finds are sweet congrats i found 2 halfs this year in the same hole a 1936 walker and a 1909 barber you will never forget that hunt!!![emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Mercs and especially the pair of 100 year old big silvers...fine digging!

Thank you!

Those finds are sweet congrats i found 2 halfs this year in the same hole a 1936 walker and a 1909 barber you will never forget that hunt!!![emoji3][emoji106]

Thanks! Wow a Barber and a Walker in the same hole? I bet that was a thrill! I was hoping one them would've been a Barber but any silver is fine by me.:)

Thank you! Finding multiple silver in the same hole is always a thrill. The day before, I found a silver Rosie and a war nickel in the same hole. This definitely tops that! Even though they were just close to one another.:lol:

I like your finds video on YouTube btw. Very cool stuff with good background information! Liked and subscribed...

!

Sounds like you are on a role!! Thanks for checking out my channel too. I will have new videos up soon :)

That is all just loony crazy! 2 1917 Walkers and in that condition?? That is absolutely positively UNHEARD OF!
Beautiful coins all around,just fantastic finds!

Back
Top Bottom