Clad Coin List?

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Do any of you have a handy list of special dates for clad/silver (coins in general) that are more valuable than the norm? That would be useful to pull the more valuable coins/(clad) before it's rolled up or spent. Thanks!

For US coins, 90% silver coinages ceased in 1964, and clad coinage started in 1965. However, in half dollars, 1965 - 1970 were 40% silver, and didn't start being 0% silver until 1971.

Nickels contained silver from mid-1942 - 1945. On these, the mintmark was moved to above the dome of Monticello, and for the first time, the Philadelphia mint was marked "P".

The only special coin I can think of off-hand for the clad coinage is the 1970-D half dollar, which was sold in mint sets only (I think), so you aren't likely to dig one up.

I hope this helps.

-- Tom

Every Series has its Key Dates and Semi-Key Dates and the values of those coins varies greatly. A modern coin of this type will be very diffcult to find simply because it usually has to be in superb shape to be worth the trouble. You can find some older keys that will be valuable. The list is exhaustive but if you PM I will help you!

Im sure some one will also start to post the dates here...

One thing to watch for are misstruck and error coins on both old and new coins. 1972 ,1983,1984 and 1995 cents for example had double dies struck those years.A 1972 double die in XF can be worth about 275.00.HH

ditto, oh yeah, and give me a call if you ever find a 1955 DD

Back
Top Bottom