This silver pickin's got KT grinnin'

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
:D:D:D

Well now! This week was more like it! The Royal Tale is in the box count!

Box 1 - 1 40%, 1 NIFC, 1 Bass Pro Shop Rolled Penny
Box 2 - 1 Au-plated Bicentennial
Box 3 - 1 Ben, 1 64 Ken, 1 40% (trifecta in one box!), 5 NIFCs
Box 4 - 4 NIFCs, 1 Au-plated Bicentennial
Box 5 - THE TREASURE BOX! 2 Bens, 10 40%, 6 NIFCs

Totals - 3 Bens, 1 64 Ken, 12 40% Kens, 12 NIFCs (1 worth keeping), 2 Au-plated Bicentennials (so pretty!), and a Bass Pro Shop Branson MO rolled penny!

KT was excited with the first box and got to dancing with that last box! :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances:

So here are the pictures for the skeptics who must have them! :laughing::laughing::laughing: KT likes the color in that last pic!

Attachments

• CRH 09 14 2017 3 Bens 1 64 Ken.jpg
    CRH 09 14 2017 3 Bens 1 64 Ken.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 191
  • CRH 09 14 2017 12 40% Kens.jpg
    CRH 09 14 2017 12 40% Kens.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 196
  • CRH 09 14 2017 1 Bass Pro Shop rolled penny 1 NIFC 2 Au plated Bicent.jpg
    CRH 09 14 2017 1 Bass Pro Shop rolled penny 1 NIFC 2 Au plated Bicent.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 202
There You Go! Excelsior! FWIW I found one of those AU BiKens once at a soccerfield...Gave me a heart attack! I thought I had my first Gold Coin!:laughing: I gotta start doing this CRH at a serious Royal level, I sure love Bens and Walkers...

There You Go! Excelsior! FWIW I found one of those AU BiKens once at a soccerfield...Gave me a heart attack! I thought I had my first Gold Coin!:laughing: I gotta start doing this CRH at a serious Royal level, I sure love Bens and Walkers...

:lol: KT remembers His first encounter with a pseudogold coin! In a local park on the ladder side of a slide, KT got a strong signal with His Royal Wand, and when He popped the plug, the golden edge of a large coin was showing in the hole! It turned out to be a bright yellow brass Guatemalan coin between the size of an Ike dollar and a Ken half dollar....but KT nearly had a stroke before the coin was extracted and examined! :lol:

KT also loves the Bens and Walkers but will NOT turn down any silver coinage encountered!! :laughing:

Where do you get the rolls that you hunt? I have been looking into getting some halves but my bank doesn't carry any.

Thanks

Thank you all for the kind comments and questions! Twizzlerlord, KT uses a business account at His local bank to have them order boxes. Usually banks will not carry boxes of halves in stock because of the low demand for them, but in KT's case, He talked with the bank manager and got it started....now there is a standing order for 5 boxes a week. The only one who ever complained was the coin delivery guy, and he got told what for by the bank manager! :laughing:

Not Intended For Circulation. They were made for proof sets etc etc.

Thank you mr_whipple. To further the explanation, in 2002 the US Mint realized that they had stacks of recently minted Kens from previous years sitting around in banks across the country and little demand, so starting that year they cut production from about 10 million halves a year to 2 million halves a year, and for every year since. Also they did not distribute them to banks but sold them in $1000 bags, primarily to coin dealers. Coin dealers would go through them, cherry pick out the best ones for grading and sets, and when the next year's mint run started, dump them at a bank to get their money back so they could buy a bag of the next year's production. This went on for many years but in or about 2015, they quit the $1000 bags and began selling in rolls of $100, mostly to collectors and to the larger dealers. This practice continues until today. So these coins were Not Intended for Circulation, NIFC, and when searching rolls are fewer in average number, due to the low mintages. However, presently, unless the coins are pristine in condition, they have little added value. KT collects selected years presently and saves 2015, 2016, and 2017 mintages, until He has a complete roll. Then He will stop fooling with them! The Royal Goal is to have enough to make up 20 sets of NIFCs eventually. And yes they come in P and D mint marks, plus S mints are proofs.

Back
Top Bottom