Pretty crisp and rare star note

Ohiodigger

Elite Member
I don't really know much about them but I recieved this in change....did some googling and found it was actually a rarer one......any thoughts on value or does anyone here collect paper money? It's still pretty crisp...no heavy creases or anything. Thanks guys! I also included a picture from Google showing it's rarity as well.

Attachments

• received_1447322538641811.jpg
    received_1447322538641811.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 413
  • 20161123_150216.jpg
    20161123_150216.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 417
I cant imagine it's worth more than face value. While it is a star note, the serial number is nothing special.

It is one of the rarer, but at this time its still only a 2013 series. Currently, the value is low, protect it and wait 10-20 years the value will be much higher because less of those 150,000 will be available in such good shape if they are available at all. Protect it and you will have something worth a bit more later.
Its a great find, just a shame its not a $2 or $100 dollar bill. (Highly prized)

Last edited:
I got three brand new crisp star notes in change last week and I spent all three of them. They're really nothing as far as rarity or value are concerned. Nevertheless you still may want to save any you get just to have them. You can always spend them later on.

The only problem is the small creases in them will bring down the value greatly but like the one reply said protect it and in time it will increase in value. Send it to PMG for grading and have them do conservation if they offer that. I know NGC and PCGS do. Maybe they can help with those creases. I have all but a $10 star note and I go to the bank regularly and buy a strap of $10 bills and yet to have found one. I got a $10 super radar that's in crisp unc condition , got pretty lucky to get that one. I really want a black eagle and an indian chief. Those are some awesome looking notes.

I got three brand new crisp star notes in change last week and I spent all three of them. They're really nothing as far as rarity or value are concerned. Nevertheless you still may want to save any you get just to have them. You can always spend them later on.

Next time you get some contact me , I'll buy them from you.

Back
Top Bottom