My 1st whatchamacallit

Redruuum75

Hi everyone. I found my first official whatisit.
Quarter shown for size. Roughly 2 inches long, 1/4" in diameter. The center section seems to be possibly ceramic or similar. The caps on the ends seem to be a metal ( obviously some part of this is metal because it gave a beep) but is not magnetic in the slightest.
Now for the weird part ( in my eyes) - on one end, there look to be 5 holes just like a little pepper shaker but it's way too small.
Have shown a few people and everyone is stumped. Can you help me finger out what this is please?

Attachments

• 20210923_041317.jpg
    20210923_041317.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 20210923_041303.jpg
    20210923_041303.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 424
I was thinking maybe just an old ceramic fuse, but the pepper shaker holes on the end don't make sense

My first thought is some kind of smoking pipe. I've seen some creative looking ones over my old career. Can you get through the crud and see what's on the other end? My second guess is some kind of torch tip.

Scrubbed it up a bit, and found the pepper shaker holes on both ends. I can't tell if there are 4 or 5 holes on each end. The barrel part seems to be a smoky glass or plastic- when held up to light, it's translucent, but I see no fuse wire inside.

The shape is wrong,but how about a cutting torch nozzle or a burner of some sort?

Back
Top Bottom