Trip to Missoula nets some silvers and wheats!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Had a chance to head north to the Big City here in Western Montana, along with my friend from Corvallis MT. We stopped in Stevensville on the way to try a few yards and curbs, but wow, the curbs were devoid of coins, and the 2 yard permissions did not yield a single coin! We know there are some serious detectorists in Stevi, and sure enough, these places were detected well.

Reaching Missoula, we decided just to try for some silvers, so we hit the 1940-1950's area of town, and soon began to get permissions. We ended up getting the OK at 7 yards in one block, and got plenty of clad dimes, quarters, copper cents, and probably 35 Wheat Cents between the two of us. One yard had lots of wheaties but no silvers.

I started the silver train with a Silver Rosie, my friend Wayne hopped on the board with a Silver Rosie, then a nice 1947-S Silver Quarter. My next shiny was a 1944-S War Nickel, then a couple of more Silver Rosies back to back. We ended the day with my friend getting a Silver Rosie. One of the yards I detected had 12 Clad Dimes. In part of one yard, I got a 94-96 on the AT Pro, and thought... no way... I had Wayne swing it with the Nox 800 and he got 34-36.... hmmm. Well, it wasn't Big Silver, but a large copper FRONTIER TOWN MONTANA souvenir coin. Also pulled a copper Revolver Gun charm in the same area. We worked hard for these coins today, but had a lot of fun and enjoyment... a beautiful day here, low humidity, sunshine, and temps in the high 70's. Thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 349
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 348
  • wayne11.jpg
    wayne11.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 356
Glad to see you're still getting on the silver there in Missoula David. That's a raft of clad too. Looks like enough to pay for gas anyway.

Looks like you did lots digging and got some nice silvers. Congrats!

Thank you CallMeGrey!

Congrats on the bumper crop of coins and with a few silvers to sweeten up the harvest!

Thanks JAK, lots of coins dug on this trip out!

Looks like a great day of digging, nice show!

Thank you Diggerjonny!

Glad to see you're still getting on the silver there in Missoula David. That's a raft of clad too. Looks like enough to pay for gas anyway.

Thanks Gale! A decent hunt for sure, and lots of gas money. Went out again today with MTJosh and pulled a few more goodies.

Congrats on the silvers and wheats, David! :woot:

Thank you Wolf-Dog!
Garrett

Nice pile of silver and wheats. This has to be your best year yet. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! Am somewhat behind on the silver totals compared to last year, am sitting at 170 shiny coins so far this year, last year I hit my best ever with 255 shiny. My goal this year is just to break 200 silvers, I've got about 2 months left to get that last 30!

Nice spoils Mark! I also love to see the papers you use as a back drop. Dont they have some value?

Back
Top Bottom