Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase > Sponsor Feedback

Old 11-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Elite Member

Default Bart @ big boys hobbies

Just wanted to give a shout out in appreciation to bart at big boys hobbies. Always great service and prices. I was jus checking out detectors on his site and he has this new cool IM chat to answer any questions for customers.

It was fun and I really liked that someone was available to answer questions as I looked around.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=daveinoregon;3026395]Just wanted to give a shout out in appreciation to bart at big boys hobbies. Always great service and prices. I was jus checking out detectors on his site and he has this new cool IM chat to answer any questions for customers.

It was fun and I really liked that someone was available to answer questions as I looked around.[/QU

I just bought my Nox800 and he was great! He answered all my questions and even called back when I had follow-up questions. Gave me a price that was comparable to ebay and amazon too! I will definitely do business with him again!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:31 PM

I will be the third Oregonian to chime in. I purchased a Garrett coil and lower rod from Bart. I was very impressed with how quickly he got the product out.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Supporter

Nothing but good things to say about Bart @ Big Boys. He's responded to my questions via email very quickly - almost always within an hour or so, if not almost immediately. It's like the guy never sleeps!

He gave me a good price on my AT Max earlier this year, and shipping was lightning fast. He also ships with a signature required for delivery - some might find that inconvenient, but I think it's essential for an item in the $500-$1000 range. He also quoted an appealing price over the phone earlier this week on another detector I'm thinking about - and gives a additional "returning customer" discount if you've bought from him before. It's worth giving Bart a call.

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Old 11-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

Bart is definitely one of the good ones.
I think he has a post office in his store because if you buy something it is usually packaged and in the mail before he hangs up the phone on most orders.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

Got my 5by8 coil from Big Boy Hobbies, can't go wrong.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Elite Member

I bought my 800 from Bart, and my friend is hoping to get a 600 for Christmas (depending on price and what they can scrounge together), and I'm sending him to Bart for that.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by daveinoregon View post
Just wanted to give a shout out in appreciation to bart at big boys hobbies. Always great service and prices. I was jus checking out detectors on his site and he has this new cool IM chat to answer any questions for customers.

It was fun and I really liked that someone was available to answer questions as I looked around.
Enjoy it Dave!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
405-206-9010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Authorized

Minelab partner of year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

Bart is simply...The best!

Old 03-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Bought from Bart years ago, great service!

Old 03-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Supporter

Just ordered a Makro multi Kruzer today from him. Great prices and advice.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
Bart is simply...The best!
Thanks, Digger!

405-206-9010
Authorized

Minelab partner of year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.