Equinox Videos (post them)

Hope it’s here before Christmas.... probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very promising. The 800 along with two other machines, I'm looking at to try next. I wish I could afford them all. It's tough. Sigh, my yard didn't get the money tree.

Hopefully someone will dredge up a new video, I think I’ve watched EVERY single one of them on YouTube despite a majority being in a foreign language.

I wish Minelab would remove the leash and let the testers be a bit more vocal (and post more vids!)

Hopefully someone will dredge up a new video, I think I’ve watched EVERY single one of them on YouTube despite a majority being in a foreign language.

I wish Minelab would remove the leash and let the testers be a bit more vocal (and post more vids!)

Yeah, I wanna see real comparisons too. Same unknown target under the dirt against other detectors in field, then dig. You know, the real info on a real target comparison.

Yeah, I wanna see real comparisons too. Same unknown target under the dirt against other detectors in field, then dig. You know, the real info on a real target comparison.

Yes sir! AND in some non plowed fields, like a regular yard or park. And even though I’m thousands of miles away, some beach hunting would also be wish list worthy.

A heads up side by side would be an ideal situation ESPECIALLY if the competing detector was an Etrac or CTX. It would speak volumes as to what the Equinox really is, which is precisely why we’ll never see it until after release. ;-)

Yes sir! AND in some non plowed fields, like a regular yard or park. And even though I’m thousands of miles away, some beach hunting would also be wish list worthy.

A heads up side by side would be an ideal situation ESPECIALLY if the competing detector was an Etrac or CTX. It would speak volumes as to what the Equinox really is, which is precisely why we’ll never see it until after release. ;-)

I'm not too worried about the Etrac/CTX comparisons, I have no doubt FBS is better at ID'ing (already stated by Minelab) and possibly deeper than the Equinox...but FBS is certainly much slower too with all those calculations. We've seen what happens with FBS over iron, obviously the Equinox doesn't react THAT bad to iron with the different technology it has from videos already posted. Honestly, I'm not really even concerned about the areas the EQ will excel in...I'm more worried about where are it's shortfalls?

The EQ sure has been pumped up, and seems rightly so, based on features and what we have seen at the price it's offering. Let's just hope the bad stuff is not too bad, we'll find out soon enough. I'll know firsthand as my preorder is in, and only because from what we HAVE SEEN - it already outperforms current gear I have. If I was already running a top tier model like a CTX, Etrac or Deus though...I would be waiting for the real world reviews to come in. It's really not much of gamble to preorder in my situation, as I believe customers like me are mainly what Minelab is targeting with the EQ. Those who are in the beginner/moderate experience stages and not ready to jump all the way up to the top tier level. Huge difference in having only $4-700 invested and willing to jump up to the $15-2100 range, than to make just a medium incremental jump up to the $8-1000 range.

Now the beach and saltwater hunting thing, yeah...they should already be showing us glimpses of that. They no doubt have several testers on beaches along with old English fields.

It better be deeper than the E Trac which is going on what ...12 years at least. On a beach in wet sand depth is everything. Word will spread quickly. It needs to perform.

A ton of hype. No real life info until it is released. I have no doubt it will perform good. I just hope it's not SO light weight it's feels fragile?? Super lightweight is not a positive for underwater thought that's not it's first priority.

https://youtu.be/KCDlUUEqIto

I have no idea what they are saying (as the translate function on YouTube isn’t available on my mobile device), but it’s a new video and looks like these guys did well. (They just need Mud’s plastic bag trick!)

-Enjoy!

A detector release that has me excited and not just a rehash....

I would very much like to see one of these in your hands and have you peel it like an onion the way you did with the Max a function at a time in short videos where others users could comment on your findings and then you would go back and apply their method to yours and report the findings. That resulted in a fair education to many without the harsh feedback. The SHILL approach just plainly sucks and to me is a big turnoff. This type of video approach (yours) is very positive. Maybe Santa will bring you a long box in a few days.:yes:

One thing I noticed right away after watching these videos is that the Nox seems to have the traditional Minelab "sound", which is a good thing IMHO. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

I dont know why but I have a feeling there may be some upset etrac and ctx owners. I could see the value of them dropping badly... ;)

I dont know why but I have a feeling there may be some upset etrac and ctx owners. I could see the value of them dropping badly... ;)

.. and possibly Deus owners, AT series owners, Impact owners,........... :lol:

Hey I don't mind. If I could replace multiple machines with a single unit I'd be happy. Chances are I'll be hanging on to the CTX though.

Back
Top Bottom