Metal detecting with hearing aids

I'm not deaf but I do have tinnitis (sp?)

sometimes I have to bend over to hear weak signals....but I can feel the vibrations of the alarm when it detects metal....

Do any of you older members detect wearing hearing aids and if so, what problems have you had?
I used to detect wearing hearing aids and used headphones with large ear cups, no problems. My loss of hearing is due to an auto-immune disease and now have a cochlear implant in my left ear. Hence the name CI Guy (Cochlear Implant Guy). At one time I used a device called "Vibraphone" ,I think it is made by the company that makes Vibraprobe. It plugs in the headphone port and clips on to the detector between the arm cuff and control box, it vibrates when your coil passes over a target. It had a sensitivity adjustment also. But what I use now is one ear bud in my not-quite-deaf ear, and leave my implant side open to be able to hear my surroundings. I know what you are going through with the hearing loss. Missing so much in normal conversation and social life. If you enjoy the hobby, don't let the hearing impairment keep you from it. Ron.

I know a guy with hearing problem from local md forum. We suggested garrett ACE series because they are loud and if headphones are used, it`s even worse. Few weeks later he tested and later really bought the ace...

Back
Top Bottom