Relic kind of day

ksdiver

What a great day to be outside and enjoying the warm weather. I decided to scout out and detect an old tow path in Chester county. Fould some interesting relics along with a 1918 wheatie. First, a pocket watch with the following engraved on the back; "Manufactured by the Ansonia Clock Co. - New York United States of America - Patented April 17th 1888". The face of the watch is completely gone, but the back is in pretty good shape. Second, a small round tin box of some sort (not sure what it was used for). It has a very nice floral design on the top. Third, an old fishing sinker - never saw one like this before, not sure of a date.

All in all an interesting day.

Attachments

• IMG_5090.JPG
    IMG_5090.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 243
Nice finds. I too found a pocket watch this weekend. That floral designed tin box could have been for all kinds of things. I've found similar ones before.

Nice finds ksdiver, I find a lot of fob watch parts around here. It's nice to find something with a date on it though.
HH Angela :grin:

Okie, I saw the picture of the watch you found - very nice find and in pretty good shape too!

The date on the one I found says "Patented 1888" - After doing some research I believe it to be from around 1905.

Nice finds, ksdiver!

Could that little round box have been used for snuff??

Mine didn't have any markings at all unfortunately. I'm guesstimating it's from around 1915 or so. I like yours much better.

Nice finds. The small lid does look like the ones that used to be on snuff containers. WTG!

. . . very nice relics . . . I bet there's alot more there . . . :yes:

Back
Top Bottom