Schoolyard Finds: Silver, gold and weapons

X

Xray

Hit a large woodchip play area located on the premises of a school. Haven't been there since last year, and it showed.
Found a very small 18k ring, another 14k ring, a .925 silver cross, and some hair clip thing which looks nice, but fake.
Also found a very nice little nuckle knife that certainly would have gotten any kid suspended for months if caught.
Found a pile of clad too totalling $7 or so. Was still getting dings galore when some little kids headed over, so I moved on to give them the run of the place.

Attachments

• 100_1266 (Medium).JPG
    100_1266 (Medium).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1268 (Medium).JPG
    100_1268 (Medium).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 310
Great haul Xray. WThesing is right about the belt buckle. I have pulled several of those off people. Very scary!

Great finds. Do these kids go to a preppy school or what?

SteveMN said:
Great haul Xray. WThesing is right about the belt buckle. I have pulled several of those off people. Very scary!

Yeah, I have seen, and owned, belt buckle knives.
Its quite common to see them sold alone too, complete with a little triangular leather case. Pretty bad when an elementary school kid decides to take one of these to school.

congrats, great finds. Looks like you hit a spot that's been untouched for some time.

WTG!  Those are some really nice finds.  That knife reminded me of a weird find I had last year at the beach.  When I saw a huge "gold" object in my scoop I thought I hit the jackpot.  What was it???  A pair of brass knuckles (hey, it's a rough beach)  :D:

No, not really Epi. I have found stray bullets, but this is the first bonafide weapon that I've ever found at a schoolyard, and is not typical.
I found this in ahh lets see ... Livonia, which is a pretty well to do suburb of Detroit, so I don't believe knife weilding elementary thugs dominate there.
Probably a simple case of a kid taking something to school to be cool, then having his/her day messed up when he/she proceeds to lose it.
I would take it to school admin if I thought it would do any good, but the only likely result would be me forfeiting my new cool knuckle knife :(
Don't worry, its in good hands now ! ahahahaaaa

Back
Top Bottom