My finds this morning

jpbbennett

After hunting for "fun" yesterday to learn my machine, I got out early this morning to try my luck again.

A friend and I hunted along an old bridge along the edge of a state park. One half of the bridge lies on his property now, and has been there since the early 1900's. After hunting for awhile we found a matchbox car and a number of pull tabs. The car was in ok shape, but I need to clean it up yet.

We then headed to the beach of the state park and after about 10 minutes found the first coin of my new MD history...a 1978D Mem. Nothing to get too excited about, but don't think for a minutes we didn't both let out a whoop anyway. After finding few more small pieces of iron we retired for the day.

Hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon if it's not raining. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 1st coin.JPG
    1st coin.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 216
Believe me, there's more where that came from. Just keep diggin' and learnin' and you'll be pulling silvers in no time!

POsting the picture of the matchbox I found yesterday. Cleaned up pretty well. Just too bad the back windshield was busted out of it would be near perfect...minus a few dings here and there. Maybe I can get it on Overhaulin... :)

Attachments

• Matchbox 4-1-06.JPG
    Matchbox 4-1-06.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 170
:lol: I found enough of those this weekend to open a body parts shop.

I know the feeling, getting in touch with the machine takes a few days, but once your orientated, your set. Way to go, smg

Back
Top Bottom