Searched part of my Dad's yard today

Paulb

I decided to take a trip to my Dad's today for a visit.Well I got there and he was gone so I decided I would search his yard a little bit.His House was built in 1901 and is next to a railroad that used to have two rail stations at the end of his house.His yard has two small hills that go down to the sidewalk from the house as it sits elevated about 4-5 up from the sidewalk.Well I only searched one of the hills as it was getting dark.Here is what I found:
A really old lock.Only about the size of a half dollar.It has small bumps all over it like a toads belly.The key goes into the bottom.
2 quarters dated 1980 and 1979
3 dimes dated 1995p,1976d,1976
7 clad pennies some in the 60's and 70's
A Canadian penny dated 1944"cool"
1953d wheat Penny
1936 wheat Penny that has a slight curvator to it :?:
An old Brass garden hose nozzle
Some type of button that say"little by little" all the way around it.
This was only a very small section of yard so as soon as the line of storms go through I'll be going back.Also yesterday I searched a local park here that used to have dance competitions in the very early 1900's and found a 1920 Wheat Penny about 6 inches down.I wish I was able to post pics.

That place(your Dads) sounds like it holds a lot of great finds for you to search for. Being as it was near the rail lines could offer some unique old rail relics. I would hit it hard. GL & HH

Hey paul, if you're finding wheats there's a good chance you'll find a mercury dime too.

Back
Top Bottom