New to metal detecting

P.Smith

Hi from Alaska ,
I have always wanted to metal detect , so i think it's finally time lol . We have been binge watching Oak Island , we haven't had cable or a antenna for 6years lol . Anyway my son is turning 14 in march and has the fever bad . I just ordered him a Teknetics t2 Ltd special edition for his birthday and i ordered me a Equinox 600 . Hopefully that is good choices . We got 20acres here with a shooting range in my front yard , so we should be able to get some practice in as soon as the snow melts and ground thaws ...... in May😡
But we do have a lot of beach area within 20 minutes drive from my house 😁 ........ can't wait to get started !!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome .
Hope your spring will come sooner.
Nox 600 will do you good even without the gold mode like the 800.
The 600 will find gold. We envy you detecting in Alaska where you have streams full of gold , lol.

Doug

Welcome to the Forum, from WC Arkansas! My daughter and SIL lived in North Pole (a real town for people that don't know), for a few years. I went there in DEC of 2015, for my grandson's first birthday. When I landed in Fairbanks it was -35!!! Needless to say that my walk from the terminal to my daughter's car was deadly.....I only had on blue jeans and a jacket! Spent a week there, such a beautiful place!

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Where the yellow snow has started falling. Some folks call that yellow snow pine pollen.

Thanks Everyone, I'm ready for some warmer weather so i can get started . I live down in the South Central part of Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula which probably isn't the best metal detecting areas of Alaska, but we will still have a blast and have some good family time😁

Welcome to the Forum, from WC Arkansas! My daughter and SIL lived in North Pole (a real town for people that don't know), for a few years. I went there in DEC of 2015, for my grandson's first birthday. When I landed in Fairbanks it was -35!!! Needless to say that my walk from the terminal to my daughter's car was deadly.....I only had on blue jeans and a jacket! Spent a week there, such a beautiful place!
Thanks , Alaska winters are long and cold for sure . We moved up from Southern Oklahoma 6yrs ago . The difference in the cold here vs the south is that one can dress for it up here and stay warm . In the south when it gets cold , it chills you right to the bone . But winters are definitely long here lol

Thanks , Alaska winters are long and cold for sure . We moved up from Southern Oklahoma 6yrs ago . The difference in the cold here vs the south is that one can dress for it up here and stay warm . In the south when it gets cold , it chills you right to the bone . But winters are definitely long here lol

True, thank goodness the wind hardly blows where I was!

Back
Top Bottom