A Good Start for 2018

Marty115

Well...
I was sick for all of Christmas and past the New Year, but finally got out on January 12th. for a two hour hunt at low tide with my trusty Minelab Sovereign GT.
Dug down about 8" at extreme low and managed to pull out this 14K White Gold with Diamonds all around. They tested high quality. Also found a gold grill, and two sterling Silver 925 earrings along with a few coins. Weather closed in after the hunt and it rained all day, but air temp hovered around 71. Rest of this week is cold here in Jacksonville, FL. Hope this year will be a good year for beach hunting; last year they built up the dunes and pickings were few. GL & HH guys and girls.

Attachments

• 14K with Diamonds1.jpg
    14K with Diamonds1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 175
  • 14K with Diamonds2.jpg
    14K with Diamonds2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 155
:dingding: Well at least you have almost an entire year to try and top that one! :wow:

I am lost. How does a diamond test high quality? I only have seen diamond testers that tell if it is a diamond.

Nice ring

You are correct! The test can only test if it is a diamond,Mossinite, or fake. Under the uvlight the quality of the diamond can be assessed. I recently sold two diamond rings. Both were genuine diamonds but one flouoresced more than the other indicating a lesser quality.

DIAMOND FLUORESCENCE
Fluorescence refers to a diamond's tendency to emit a soft colored glow when subjected to ultraviolet light (such as a "black light"). Roughly 30% of diamonds fluoresce to some degree. Colorless (D-F) fluorescent diamonds sell at up to a 15% discount since the fluorescence is perceived as a defect. In fact, the visible effects of Faint to Medium fluorescence are perceptible only to a gemologist using a special UV light source.

Back
Top Bottom