• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

OK this IS MIND BLOWING For Various Reasons BIG SILVER

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Hello all, I know you are all getting tired of my "silver" finds seemingly EVERYDAY. Well I took 5 days off going to family down in California last week from Wednesday until Monday....well that means TODAY I got to get back out there! Glad I did! And yes there was BIG silver in the hole!!!

Some of you may remember my first Morgan Silver Dollar find in Hawaii almost 3 months ago. I posted it here: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=265334

And about 10 days ago my best hunting friend buddy Cruiserkev found his first Morgan hunting curb strips where I have been SUPER lucky with the silver. A 1879S Morgan!!!

As mentioned, today I had to go back, and just 1 or 2 blocks down from where Kevin found his Morgan I found my second Morgan in less than 3 months!! I was so surprised that initially I thought it was a FAKE:wow:. More so I was shocked!:shock:

Here is the MIND BLOWING thing, if finding my second Morgan wasn't enough....I found the same DATE and MINTMARK that Cruiserkev found 10 days ago!! And no it is NOT the same coin that he found:p

Again this was found on a curb strip 1 or 2 blocks away from where Kevin found his....mine has some nice toning on the back where the root it was under colored the back (kind of hard to see in the photos).

The Morgan was about 5 1/2 inches down, under an old tree root.

And, just like the last Morgan I found, it rang up on the CTX (with the kind of soil around here) as a 12-41/42 bouncing to a 13-45 occasionally. I have been getting those numbers all afternoon and they typically turn out to be clad dimes or pennies. The Morgan in Hawaii rang up a similar set of numbers.

No other silver, 2 Wheaties (53S and 56S), a Susan B. Anthony $1 coin and a Budda Pendant.

Like I said, MIND BLOWING for multiple reasons!

HH All and get your shopping done! I will be detecting......

Attachments

• 12_04 Finds.jpg
    12_04 Finds.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,713
  • 12_04 location.jpg
    12_04 location.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,693
  • 12_04 Morgan Dirty.jpg
    12_04 Morgan Dirty.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,699
  • 12_04 Morgan Face Cleaner.jpg
    12_04 Morgan Face Cleaner.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,706
  • 12_04 Morgan Reverse Cleaner.jpg
    12_04 Morgan Reverse Cleaner.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,708
Great job! For me on the CTX 41,42 are almost
Always wheat pennies. Would hate to pass on a
Wheat cent that's really a huge silver! Grats

Wow!!! That is insane! When you’re hot your hot! Lol.... The Morgan I found this year came in the same 41, 42... Nice job buddy!

..You found TWO Silver Dollars in 3 months? Both Morgans? One in Hawaii? WE cant take much more than this! Next thing you know, you will be doing a post about your $20 StGaudens gold coin from a totlot that sounded like a penny! Please do us a favor and delete yourself from this Forum!...:laughing::laughing:

You know I'm bussin ya...Totally great find there Buell!:beers:

That’s a sweet story with some sweet treasures there guys! I have so far seen more Morgans and Peace dollars in the last 2 years being dug than ever before! I can think of 4 dug by people I KNOW! To dig those so close and have the same date and mintmark is just insane,and the numbers don’t lie. My last read 12-43 and was 6-7” down by itself,but in air it read 11-41 no matter how I tested it. All tests were in Ferrous Coin to try and replicate what I was using in the field... but you just never know. The CTX has found me more fantastic old coins than I can even believe,and in downright ROTTEN conditions sometimes. I’m glad to see you guys having success in the same way,it’s a really really fun machine to own.

Amazing find Buell, The Morgan is my most favorite coin of all and I still haven't gotten one of those under my coil, you've dug 2 :wow: that is awesome, Congrats!

Big congrats! Thats a great story line with a lot of pumped up emotion. Makes you feel Great! Nice job.

Back
Top Bottom