Equinox deep!

metaladdict

Elite Member
I've stopped digging some deep targets lately . Equinox is impressively deep. I need to buy a new longer hand shovel.
Anybody else noticed the depth!

I have to agree with you. Especially the more I use and get in sync with my machine not only the deep targets but a heck of a lot more masked and on edge target recoveries too.

Last edited:
Dug up a screw cap at i am guessing around 13 inches recently. Twice my samson shovel depth. I almost gave up , but signal was so good wanted to see what it was.

Not sure how anyone can argue that there is a better detector on the market today. Certainly not one in the $650 price range. Its not perfect but its more versatile than anything out there and can do some things better than the even more expensive machines. It hits hard on low conducters, is deep but it also separates very well while being equally at home in brackish/salt water environments. My only complaint is its a little lacking in build quality

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. I have a hole I had to abandon because all I had was my little Lesche and it was super rocky soil. I need to go back with a real shovel and see what it was. I was well over 12” when I gave up. No complaints with my 800 at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded to my Nox 600 from a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - which means I'm digging targets at seriously deeper depths than I have ever dug before. Previously, a 4" deep target (in the soil I typically hunt, and depending upon size, of course) was about as deep as my machine would reach.

In addition to getting a longer handled shovel I've also learned to become more disciplined at confirming that targets are still in the hole. Several times I've been 7"-8" deep into a hole only to find that I'd tossed the target out at about 6"

I really just shake my head when I hear all the naysayers......
Not sure how anyone can argue that there is a better detector on the market today. Certainly not one in the $650 price range. Its not perfect but its more versatile than anything out there and can do some things better than the even more expensive machines. It hits hard on low conducters, is deep but it also separates very well while being equally at home in brackish/salt water environments. My only complaint is its a little lacking in build quality

Dug up a screw cap at i am guessing around 13 inches recently. Twice my samson shovel depth. I almost gave up , but signal was so good wanted to see what it was.

you lived up to your handle on that find.

I live up to my handle every time I hunt my favorite parks. But I have reduced that number of pull tabs with tone breaks. I hear them, but at a lower tone and volume so I concentrate on clad and silver. The only reason I look for clad in the parks is that, heck I want to find something.

Equinox depth is impressive no doubt! Especially on low conductors. I was surprised at how deep it hits targets with the little 6" coil too.

Yeah its pretty deep, but hasn't proven deeper than my mx sport yet. I need more hours on it, but I imagine it is very similar to my sport if not a bit better.

It goes deep, I also need a bigger shovel. :grin:
I dug 3 wheat pennies and 5 nickels last weekend using field 1. All were around 10 inches deep. :shock:

Equinox depth is impressive no doubt! Especially on low conductors. I was surprised at how deep it hits targets with the little 6" coil too.

A coil in the 8-inch family would be ideal. The 6" coil is amazing in depth, and it really doesn't suffer as much as I thought a 6 inch would in coverage during swing. A must have coil, yet an 8 inch coil is one I'd buy without second thought.

But that's another topic.

The EQ recovery speed is lightning fast and it hunts deep.:yes:
Had an MX Sport; while it is a very deep seeker, it can't target separate like the EQ. I really can't say anything bad about the MX Sport; now if it had been multi-frequency capable.... :wow:

Back
Top Bottom