Back to the ballfield

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Went back to the ballfield I found 4 silvers and some wheats in the other day. Today, the targets were scarce, but I still managed 5 wheats, 2 Rosies,(silver #14 & 15 fty) and some more ammunition. I think the broadhead was my first ever detected arrowhead, so I was happy to join the arrowhead club. Then, when cleaning my finds at home, I discover the odd shell casing I found was actually an arrowhead too! It still has some wood in it, and you can see little dimples where it was crimped onto the shaft. I think it may be a .38 caliber.

Attachments

• DSCN7315.jpg
    DSCN7315.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN7316.jpg
    DSCN7316.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN7317.jpg
    DSCN7317.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 299
Nice hunt - congrats on double silver!

The arrowheads are cool - the .38 caliber arrowhead is interesting - I guess someone made a homemade blunt tip arrow from a shell casing?

Congrat - HH!

Good day a field me son.
Thank you. It was. I love to remember the good days afield.

Nice haul! Ballfields are probably my favorite hunting grounds. Always seem to produce. Congrats!
Thanks. I got this one pretty clean now. Can't seem to find any old stuff in the rest of that park. Hmm.
Another very nice outing Blaise. Congrats on adding two more Silver's. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. I picked up a few more silvers on Sunday. Remember when you were at 19 fty? :lol: I'm at 19 now, and for me it's shaping up to be a decent year for silvers.
Nice hunt - congrats on double silver!

The arrowheads are cool - the .38 caliber arrowhead is interesting - I guess someone made a homemade blunt tip arrow from a shell casing?

Congrat - HH!
Thank you. I just read last week that Mud Puppy used to make arrows with .38 shell casing bludgeon tips. Could it be? :lol:

Thank you. It was. I love to remember the good days afield.

Thanks. I got this one pretty clean now. Can't seem to find any old stuff in the rest of that park. Hmm.

Thanks Trapper. I picked up a few more silvers on Sunday. Remember when you were at 19 fty? :lol: I'm at 19 now, and for me it's shaping up to be a decent year for silvers.

Thank you. I just read last week that Mud Puppy used to make arrows with .38 shell casing bludgeon tips. Could it be? :lol:

Used to use 38's all the time for varmint hunting. Does some serious damage if you even clip a squirrel or rabbit! Also helped keep the arrow above ground! With a sharp field tip your arrow tends to want to bury itself under the dirt!!

Nice hunting, Foragist! Silver, wheats, and some cool arrowheads - all adds up to a fine day in the field!

Used to use 38's all the time for varmint hunting. Does some serious damage if you even clip a squirrel or rabbit! Also helped keep the arrow above ground! With a sharp field tip your arrow tends to want to bury itself under the dirt!!

...and I learned something new - gotta love this forum!

Back
Top Bottom