New to this! Any information helps!

eenz

Hello,

Im new to this and with just starting out I want to kind of know the in-outs of it as where is it ok to hunt and where not and what equipment for me and my son is the best to start with. Im located in Lafayette

Where and how

Hi, Welcome to the forum from Maryland.Where to hunt is easy, any place were it is leagale.What i mean is if you see someplace that look's interesting. Find out who owne's it . City parks, state parks, check local and state law's. Knock on doors, always ask for permission.Look up threads on this forum, you can learn a lot.As for detector's, what price range do you want to be in.There again , look up threads.Also check with our sponser's list.

Welcome to the Forum from NJ. Private property always requires permission. Playgrounds and schools are good places to start hunting. Make sure there are no signs posted prohibiting detecting or any part of detecting- like digging. Go online and check rules and regulations for your town parks, county land and state land. Often the rules are different from site to site so find out who is in charge of that particular area and ask permission. Try to get permission in writing or at least the name of the person who gave you permission. Know and practice the Detectorist Code of Ethics. Don't use a full size shovel in public. If you hunt playgrounds try to go when the kids are not there. If you hunt school grounds make sure it is a weekend or summer break. A report of a person near children with a large knife-like object (your digger) may get you a visit from your local SWAT Team. GL and HH. Matt

Back
Top Bottom