Hunting alone sucks!

Redd

Elite Member
For the time being my hunting buddy has to work weekends. As a result I find myself hunting alone. Now I know there's a bunch of us around Wichita, and I've hunted with quite a few. I like everyone I've ever hunted with, but I must've offended them somehow. I never get a message on here from any of them to meet at such and such park, or the QT at blah blvd.
So, all you folks in the Wichita area, let me know what I've done to hack you off, so I can make amends and be friends.:(

Maybe you are out-detecting them and they want to "win"? I have met up with some competitive diggers who seem to be offended when you get better results than they do. I can't help it if they don't use a CleanSweep coil. :cool:

may can find you someone

a net friend just can from there last week visiting and hunted with someone there. brought home 250 chigger bites -lol! that hurts. i only here from him occassionally as he lives in Texas and me in Georgia. but when i do hear from him i will see if he has a good contact.

i have friends to hunt with, we just dont have places.

That seems to be the root of it. I like hunting with friends too, it's just finding places to go that's the issue. Seems like the only places to go with friends are the hunted out parks and that gets old. It ends up being more about the companionship than the finds but personally that's fine with me.
You're got some great people in town so hope you can make a connection.

I actually prefer to hunt alone. Not getting much detecting done when you are out talkin , not getting much talkin done if you are out detecting.

I actually prefer to hunt alone. Not getting much detecting done when you are out talkin , not getting much talkin done if you are out detecting.

I am the social type, so I enjoy the BSing and sharing daily lives. All kinds of detectors, I am just different like this. Comparing signals, showing off finds, asking for help...that my kind of preferred hunting. Nuthin wrong in the least about the solitary hunters though. martin

Alone as well

But I'm in Waco TX. A total newbie to detecting. Have a Garrett ACE 250, headphones and am chomping at the bit to get started. Just lost and need a helping hand to get off and hunting.

Redd, i think with the heat hardly anyone is hunting. Come to the Treasure Hunters. We meet on the first sunday of every month and we set up hunts then. I hunt mostly on my lunch hour or right after work

a net friend just can from there last week visiting and hunted with someone there. brought home 250 chigger bites -lol! that hurts. i only here from him occassionally as he lives in Texas and me in Georgia. but when i do hear from him i will see if he has a good contact.

Tch! DixieDigger! Didn't you know? The Insect-Americans do not like to be called 'chiggers'... they are now preferring the term "cheegroes"
:lol:

Seriously though, I got *one* chigger bite as a kid,. One only, when I was three years old, in Missouri. I've NEVER forgotten it! Not ever. When you remember a bite from a bug back in 1955, that's one badbutt bug!! I hope I never *ever* see another of those horrors!

Sage(still scratching)Grouse

Redd, i think with the heat hardly anyone is hunting. Come to the Treasure Hunters. We meet on the first sunday of every month and we set up hunts then. I hunt mostly on my lunch hour or right after work

I have obligations on Sunday afternoons.

Hang in there Redd. If I lived closer, I'd love to hunt with you. I remember when I first joined this site there were a bunch of Wichita guys on here. In fact, what ever happened to Patton? I haven't seen a post from him in quite a while.

I can enjoy either. Most of my hunts are solo but on the weekends madcitydiggers and I will try to hook up at least once over the weekend and go someplace. Yeah, its hunting together but we are normally quite far apart. We've been up to 200 yards apart at some places and almost right next to one another at others. Usually dont talk much unless we cross paths, find awesome something or other or get finished/want to move. We tally up our finds on the back of one of our trucks, chat a while and head home. Good times. Solitude works when you just need time to think or clear your mind.

If you don't like hunting alone don't come to Beaumont, Tx. I know there are quite a few people here but I have posted several times looking for buddies and only 1 person has ever responded. I have gone with him a few times and had fun and learned a lot but I haven't heard from him in a while. I suspect he hasn't been much due to the heat. The rest won't even respond on the forums.

It is definitely this area as I have had the same results with other hobbies. It seems the people in this area are just not sociable.

Cliff

I could get some hunting companions, but hooking up with wrong person can ruin it for me.
A good hunting companion:
a) Is interested in finding the old stuff.
b) Is committed to being prepared with the right gear.
c) Shares the load on research and permission.
c) Has a sense of humor, and doesn't get morose when they don't find anything.
d) I need to be able to trust them to be take care of property we ask to hunt. Nothing kills the mood like watching a detectorist leave a mud crater or dig up a dry lawn that won't regrow.

So I usually hunt alone.

Redd, Redd, Redd you are the ultimate MD'er in Kansas and probably because you are such a silver hound, your Kansas buds wanna keep you at bay. I doubt that, I think its just the summer nasties that are keeping probably most folks from huntin', just give it a couple of weeks and things will change I bet.

BTW, did you ever get a chance to go to that little town park I told ya about after the Missouri hunt? Silver is there for the taking I'm telling ya!

Call a telemarketer, they all want to be your friend. ColoKid

Back
Top Bottom