Silver coin values

BruceG

Do most guys sell the silver coins that they find? If so, is the value based on the rarity and condtion of the coin or does the silver value have something to do with it? I see guys on you tube getting very excited about Roosevelt dimes for instance. They can't be super rare, can they? I would appreciate someone's knowledge here.

Any silver is usually considered a good score by most. Silver coins have different types of value. Even common non rare silver coins have a silver melt value many times face value. The more rare or sought after ones have collector value which many times is higher than the silver melt value , sometimes a lot more. So there is silver value and collector value. Then there is detectorist value :lol: which can range from "happy and cant wait to find enough to sell " to " my treasured find for life no way I am ever gonna sell it."

There are sellers and there are hoarders , but we all love to find silver.

Nothing wrong with this initial post Joee.

We watch to see if a thread goes sideways.

Any silver is usually considered a good score by most. Silver coins have different types of value. Even common non rare silver coins have a silver melt value many times face value. The more rare or sought after ones have collector value which many times is higher than the silver melt value , sometimes a lot more. So there is silver value and collector value. Then there is detectorist value :lol: which can range from "happy and cant wait to find enough to sell " to " my treasured find for life no way I am ever gonna sell it."

There are sellers and there are hoarders , but we all love to find silver.

Exactly!!

Also, welcome from Louisiana!

the majority of DUG silver coins are only worth silver melt.

If you happen to find a coin that is REALLY, REALLY good condition, it can be worth more.

Some of us get excited from finding a silver coin mainly because they are not making any silver coins (except for collators).

I do not sell my silver coins. I sometimes use the clad that I have dug to purchase silver coins.

I've kept all my silvers so far...

Only a handful of gold finds have been kept...

<°)))>{

All I know is the little buggers are not easy to find . And when you see them come out of the ground looking clean like the day they were dropped because they were not made of tin a hunter can't help but smile.
From a day when money was made out of something of value and worth more then a number stamped on it. Always spendable or tradable world wide forever . A sound foundation to a great nation.
Things are just not made like they were back in the day and this is a prime example . At one time it was written into law in this country that no money shal be made out of anything other then silver , gold or copper to insure that our US currency always had value and would remain in the hands of the people . This was also designed to prevent what we have today and insure that for every dollar made there was a dollar in gold or silver backing it.
So much for that idea . , Dew

I'll sell it all, with the exception of a rare find, doesn't even have to be a valuable find.
Got some silver coins and gold jewelry to sell now, just waiting to get a little more.

Back
Top Bottom