Newbie - First Dig

SEKSDigger

Hello all. I'm a newbie to the hobby. I just purchased my first detector this week. After some research I selected the Tesoro Mojave. I took it out for about an hour last night for my first dig in my yard. I live in a late 1800s house with a little more than an acre so I have lots of space to learn and practice. After digging light bulb socket, a piece of tin, and a pop can - I came up with a pin from Montana. I'm in Southeast Kansas so it's a long way from home. I don't expect it's worth anything but research shows it's quite old and a cool find!

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 346
Great find! I love things like that - unique and historic. Congratulations on a great first hunt.

My favorite finds are thoughts like you have found unique historic almost potentially one of a kind! Fantastic! Welcome to the hobby from Salina Kansas!! Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead

Neat find. Anaconda was vying for the capital back in 1894 so tha probaboly dates back to then.

Welcome from Southeast Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

That's a really cool piece! Congrats! Now finish up your yard, and knock on the neighbor's doors!

Back
Top Bottom