• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold !#2 for the year!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Yummy butter found by my Soveriegn at the surfer
Beach,aka silver ring beach.
My first gold found here! I wasn't sure it was gold but the coin store tested
It and said 14 k, we'll give you $120.00
I said no. It will go to ara.:yes::cool12::gettinmoney::whoohoo:
Other ring was silver.

Attachments

• 20170401_175315.jpg
    20170401_175315.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 535
  • 20170401_181724.jpg
    20170401_181724.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 533
That one's been rolling in the surf for a long time. Great job congrats! :cool:

Well, before you make your final call on ARA or not, consider spot of 14k per gram and whether or not you'd get any better a, with shipping costs and refining loss (usually about 90-92% is the best I can get with ARA of gold weight at spot of pre-refining). $120 doesn't would like a bad deal if it's 6 grams or less. If it's more than that. They may be willing to pay close to spot to turn it around as a ring. If not. Yeah. Ship it in. :)

:dingding: Congrats on the very nice score!

Well, before you make your final call on ARA or not, consider spot of 14k per gram and whether or not you'd get any better a, with shipping costs and refining loss (usually about 90-92% is the best I can get with ARA of gold weight at spot of pre-refining). $120 doesn't would like a bad deal if it's 6 grams or less. If it's more than that. They may be willing to pay close to spot to turn it around as a ring. If not. Yeah. Ship it in. :)

X2

Ara claims they give 98% spot gold. The coin store less for sure,probably 75%
I always use Ara....Until I get a E bay account.

Ara claims they give 98% spot gold. The coin store less for sure,probably 75%
I always use Ara....Until I get a E bay account.

They do give 98% spot on what comes out of the refining process. It is NOT Bbased on the weight and stamp. There is ALWAYS some smal loss during refining... and then tack onto the fact that not all 14k is exactly plumb... you may have 13.6k for example. THEN calculate the cost of shipping something insured. And what you get is $6-8 in shipping costs, a few percentage points lost in refining, and a slight percentage loss possible in the quality of gold and you end up making only about 90% of the spot value of what your ring calculated on your scale at home. I'm just saying don't be surprised if the weight of the ring is 6 grams of 14k and you only end up With a percentage of gold that is less than 58.5% of the original weight (14k). You might percent out at 56%. And only recover material of 5.8 grams (refining loss)... And then they lay 98% of spot price on the actual gold

Hope that makes sense. They are impeccably honest, but you shouldn't expect 98% of your home weight. Only one time did I ever end up with a gold ring that was slightly higher karat that the 14k stamped. Every other time the value came up to about 90-92% of my pre-weights.

Hope this helps.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom