My first real coin! King George British Penny!

ryno509

So tonight after working some over time, on the way home I decided that I had about an hour and a half before dark fell. Days are getting a bit more sunny and longer. Since I was introduced into this hobby 3 weeks ago and purchasing my AT Pro shortly after, I find every excuse to get after it! I definitely got bit by the dirt fishing bug!

I don't know how common these are, and was really wishing to get a merc or indian head for my first decent coin, but I will definitely take this!
1935 King George British Penny

Can't wait for my next coin!
Thanks for looking!

Was on 1929 property about 4 inches down.

** Cant figure out why my photos are sideways I definitely took them vertical** (Oh well, you the the idea)

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpg
    IMG_2956.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2955.jpg
    IMG_2955.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 99
Congrats on the Brit Penny. I've found several over the years. I think a lot of WWII vets brought them home after the war. I find most of mine at 1940s homes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome and congratulations on your first real coin. They are relatively common, but always a neat find. There are also a lot of half pennies like that. Great way to start out.:D Hope it is just the first of many great finds.:yes:

So tonight after working some over time, on the way home I decided that I had about an hour and a half before dark fell. Days are getting a bit more sunny and longer. Since I was introduced into this hobby 3 weeks ago and purchasing my AT Pro shortly after, I find every excuse to get after it! I definitely got bit by the dirt fishing bug!

I don't know how common these are, and was really wishing to get a merc or indian head for my first decent coin, but I will definitely take this!
1935 King George British Penny

Can't wait for my next coin!
Thanks for looking!

Was on 1929 property about 4 inches down.

** Cant figure out why my photos are sideways I definitely took them vertical** (Oh well, you the the idea)

I love how someone tried to punch a hole in it, but didn't quite succeed. I think that gives the coin just a bit more of a unique touch!

Don't discount those Wheaties....they are real coins too!! There are many on this forum who just love digging those wheats (including ME!). You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Great job, keep at it....especially with the great research you're doing!

Looks like someone tried to knock a hole in it...the coin flipped across the yard and got lost, and the hole was never completed...

Awesome find!

Back
Top Bottom