1916D Merc at a pounded park!

Wowser!!!!! That is too neat. Way to go. Thanks for sharing it. I and a whole bunch of people are anxious to hear how it grades.

Here she is!

Attachments

• obverse graded merc.JPG
    obverse graded merc.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 860
  • reverse graded merc.JPG
    reverse graded merc.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 901
5! 5 1916 mercs! 3 s and 2 plain. Each one held huge potential until turning it over. WOW!!! You scored and scored HUGE!!! Can't even imagine the thrill. Great job on getting it slabbed. Hope you get a huge payday! Awesome!

Outstanding find!!

Last summer there was a big park demo project in our area and one evening I dug a couple of mercs, silver washington, two IHPs, two buffalos, and six wheaties. I didn't think much about the mercs, but the next morning as I was checking the coins I saw the 1916 date on the merc. I've found several 1916 mercs in the past, even a couple of 1916 barber dimes, but none of the mercs were Denver. This one, I said my little detecting gods prayer (please let this be a Denver mint mark!!) as I flipped it over, and to my astonishment it was in fact a Denver mint mark, so I can share your joy in finding such a difficult to find coin !!! A photo of mine made it into last years W&E Treasure Magazines best fines section :)

Congrats and hh,
Cal

1916-d

Oh man, I want that one. I too found a 1916 Merc, that was in great condition. Didn't even have to wipe it off to see the date. S l o w l y turned it over, and wala, an S. Maybe someday I'll get the D. I will keep trying. Congrates. It seems to me, of all the ones I see being dug, none come from the west coast?
HHeveryone

Dream find! Congrats! Just looked up what a VF 16D would go for and about peed myself. Even with environmental damage, thats worth more than Tom's gold coin!

Back
Top Bottom