old sewing machiene

Glennz

Elite Member
I rescued and restored this from the landfill... no idea on date. i know the attachment with gold paint is not by the same company / year as the bold holes dont aline. The plate on it says Maison Fondee EN 1857 I tried googling and no avail. if this was civil war age i'd be really happy but dont think so :)

It did come with the full cabinet which i have yet to restore.

It all works, I need to fix the handel for the door as its the only thing i can see that got damaged after being pushed with a bulldozer and somehow survived. Althogh i pulled out all the screws on the piano hinge to open it as it was stuck otherwise and i wanted to see what was inside.. easy enough repair though

20989033_716848768515092_7680077982629167660_o.jpg

The words Maison Fondee EN 1857 means house founded in 1765 its French... can't help you on the maker either...

wow, that's certainly an old gem, nice save! :yes:
was that on one of those wrought iron stands? sometimes the makers name or initials was on the treadle or molded onto the sides of the stand.
the fact that it stood up to a bulldozer and survived is a good testament to the quality things used to be back in the day, not like today's disposable trash.

that'll be a nice little fix-er-upper project, you'll have to keep us posted with the before and after shots. :D

Pete

wow, that's certainly an old gem, nice save! :yes:
was that on one of those wrought iron stands? sometimes the makers name or initials was on the treadle or molded onto the sides of the stand.
the fact that it stood up to a bulldozer and survived is a good testament to the quality things used to be back in the day, not like today's disposable trash.

that'll be a nice little fix-er-upper project, you'll have to keep us posted with the before and after shots. :D

Pete

This was a hand-cranked machine, so no treadle or iron stand.

Well new info, the part with gold on it is not original to the machine and the stand table i got doesn't even fit the machine. very hodge podge group not making it easy to id

Back
Top Bottom