Shiny Indianhead Penny

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I had to make a trip down to my folks house this morning to drop off my detector for my brother to use while we are in Alaska for a week so I decided to do a quick hunt on the way down.

I found nothing other than what I thought was a run of the mill Indian head penny..... good enough find right there.
I got to cleaning it off, rubbing it down with one of those Armorall wipes I always use.
Somehow I managed to scrub almost all the brown patina and staining off the obverse!

The reverse still has the brown and green patina though.
6dbc08532589425cd84eaa4c2d5b6512.jpg
309b089e5cd44aed74eb2732c673da1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A run-of-the-mill IHP? I guess that's a matter of perspective. I've never seen one. :no:
Sorry Nails. I shouldn't be calling an Indianhead run of the mill..... I have a tough enough time finding them as it is! I've got more than twice as many silvers than Indianheads....although I'd almost always rather find the latter.

A run-of-the-mill IHP? I guess that's a matter of perspective. I've never seen one. :no:

really? man i must be lucky here in ny. Seems like it is not a good week unless I find at least 1 indian. then again your near the treasure coast.....a possibility that will never be available to me haha

I just can not get enough of the photos of such an amaizing looking coin .
Gotta post it on Mattmit's ,"show me your Indians Thread "
I only have two this year but I am very happy to have found them .
Congradulations!!!!!
Dew

I just can not get enough of the photos of such an amaizing looking coin .
Gotta post it on Mattmit's ,"show me your Indians Thread "
I only have two this year but I am very happy to have found them .
Congradulations!!!!!
Dew
Thanks Dew! I posted picks on the Indianhead thread that same day. Every so often I get an Indianhead with faint traces of original shine but never one with one whole side.

Beautiful coin! Hope to dig one some day, if they’re like the wheats here they’ll come out pretty crumbly.
Thanks GS! I've been really lucky with Indians in the last two years but than again I've been going after the old dirt and skipping over the clad dumps (I hate clad!)
Hopefully I can squeak out a few more before winter.

Back
Top Bottom