No place like home

Granddaddy Roy

So I have been detecting for 2 years now (probably should change my sign on :D) and have never found a silver coin, silver jewelry but no silver coins. Recently we had on and off rain showers so I decided to stick around the house. The wet ground had the 250 singing. My first dig a 1907 Barber quarter:shock:. Next came the 01 Barber dime. Then a 43 Merc and a very crusty 08 Indian penny in the same hole. Ended the hunt with a flat button. All 5 are firsts for me and I couldnt be happier:yes:.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.1.JPG
    IMG_0203.1.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 204
That’s quite s yard you have! Congrats. What year was your home built?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't Believe you waited 2 years to hunt your own yard !!

I spent my first month hunting my 5 acres and first day found a 1919d mercury and 3 wheat's nearby.. haven't found a mercury or older since..
not to mention the only other coin I found on the entire property was a penny I Must of lost.. go figure.

Great find now go get the rest

Dang, those are some beauties! Outstanding jumpstart on the silver coin collection. You ought to dig everything on a regular basis, until you have that yard nearly metal free. Then crank up the sensitivity, or whatever else you can do with your machine to increase depth, and go over it all again, looking for deeper signals. GL & HH

Congratulations on all those very nice finds. Weather permitting I hunt at least 3 times per week for the last 4 years and have not found a barber quarter yet. Nice jod👍.

Keep your coil to the soil and Happy Hunting.

Great hunt! Those first three coins especially are in beautiful condition - very sweet! :clapping:

I hit my yard as soon as I got my detector lol didn't find anything but junk

Man that is really nice. Ive seen where the wet ground seems to help those deep targets. My house was built in '43 so I didnt get much out of it but I would definitely go back and try different directions and fully grid that yard like there's no tomorrow :grin:

Back
Top Bottom