Hello from SE Michigan.

trailtwister

No not Detroit more like the base of the thumb. I am 71 years old and an active person. Have a deer camp in Michigans UP with a half mile of beach on Big Bay DeNoc. There is also the remains of a home on one end of the place that burned down in the early 1950's. Another place on the other end where a french trapper lived till the early 1960's part of his cabin remains there.

Have been wanting a metal decetor for a couple of years, put it on my Birthday gift Idea list and to check pawn shops every year. No one has responded how ever so finally last Tuesday 2-20-18 I ordered a Fisher F22 from a place in Texas, recieved it 2-24-18 and put it together last evening.

This morning I ran the test suggested in the owners manual then took 41 cents out side and threw them out in the path to my barn. Just to see what the meter looked like and the sounds.

Once that was done I took it back into my woods to search for a grab hook off a logging chain. Now you would thing in the first place a big blue hook would be easy to find with out a dectetor but I have been looking since the winter of 2015/16 for it. Today with the detecter I still didn't find it the digital read out is jumping all over from the mids 20's to the mid 70's. Beeping and making all sorts of noise. Pin pointed the way I under stood the book and then dug Nothing found except once a shot gun shell brass base.

Came back to the house and reread the owners manual. decided the soil was way to wet for thr Fisher, manual says doesn't work well on wet sand. Well it isn't sand but isn't clay either, just good garden soil human.

Sandusky Michigan Sept car show, won a trophy for the most orginal 1985 or older car/truck. It is a 1985 Buick LaSabre Limited Collectors Edition.

:D Al

Welcome from the Hudson River Valley, Al!

Wet sand at the ocean (with salt water) is notoriously tricky... but fresh water shouldn't give you too much trouble... Maybe there's iron scrap and hot rocks in the ground that could be discriminated out.

Nice LeSabre!

You may want to check out east central indiana treasure hunters. Great group that gets together every month. We meet in Hartford City which is south of Ft Wayne. There are group hunts and we have a seated hunt once a year. Demonstrations almost every month. If your on Facebook it is there.

Welcome from a fellow SE Michigander!

The jumpiness is a little surprising to hear. I have taken my F22 in wet sand and underwater up to the control box and it is fairly stable. The only time it has been really jumpy was in close vicinity to a cell tower.

Thanks for ther invite but the only way I am going to Indiana is if they have a really nice old Buick car show to attend.

Well being new I am not so sure what I am doing, it was my first time.

Face book? NO WAY.

When they were talking about wet sand, I am thinking they were referring to wet sand on a SALT water beach. You should have absolutely no problem with any VLF detector in wet conditions in Michigan.

Welcome from Michigan's resort town................The LAST resort. Port Huron

Thanks for the welcomes.
Port Huron the last resort town in Michigan LOL?
They do put on a great car show how ever. If you see our Buick there this summer stop and say hello.

Ya suppose they ment salt water sandy beach since it does saw they are water proof up the shaft for a bit and weather proof for the meter part.

Back
Top Bottom